WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionexternal hard drive disconnects Emptyexternal hard drive disconnects

more_horiz
have a 1TB WD Mybook external that keeps disconnecting. the disconnects are random, sometimes 10 minutes sometimes a few hours The found new hardware sometimes pops up a few minutes later and cannot find any drivers. Shutdown and restart is a temp fix. The drive works fine on my laptop so i know the drive is in working order. My desktop is the problem. recently i had the internal drive crash, (my book drive was not connected at the time) i replaced the internal HDD and reinstalled windows. is my problem from a bad install and i simply need to reinstall or is this something else? please help, i am having trouble finding a solution on my own

descriptionexternal hard drive disconnects EmptyRe: external hard drive disconnects

more_horiz
Try changing the USB port you plug it into or you can try swapping the cord \ make sure the cord is not bending in a certain way?

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

descriptionexternal hard drive disconnects EmptyRe: external hard drive disconnects

more_horiz
tried all 4 USB ports.. same problem.. the only thing that gets the drive working is a complete shut down and restart. really wondering if its just a bad windows install.

more_horiz
Na sounds like the USB ports or drivers are bad!

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum