WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionExternal Hard Drive Not Functioning EmptyExternal Hard Drive Not Functioning

more_horiz
Before I send this 500gb WD hard drive off to a data recovery center, I wanted to check here on the forum for any advice. The external hard drive has power, starts to boot up, and then clicks four times before stopping. It appears that the heads are failing or it is a bearings problem. But that's just my amateur opinion. Any input would be appreciated.

descriptionExternal Hard Drive Not Functioning EmptyRe: External Hard Drive Not Functioning

more_horiz
Hello,

Try connecting it directly to the back of the computer. Make sure it's not from the front or via any USB hubs. See if it works.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

External Hard Drive Not Functioning Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionExternal Hard Drive Not Functioning EmptyRe: External Hard Drive Not Functioning

more_horiz
Thanks for the tip, but no luck.

more_horiz
Hello,

It's most probably malfunctioning. You can try replacing the cables.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

External Hard Drive Not Functioning Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum