WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptioncannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive Emptycannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive

more_horiz
I have a Sony DVD RW DRU-530 A drive, it will read data or play music or movies & I used to be able to drag & drop or "send to" files to be saved, now if i put a blank disk in the drive & try to save to it I get a notice to put a writeable disk in the drive I also have a Matshita DVD-Rom SR-8586 drive on the computer & I get the same notice if I try to use it. I have installed & reinstalled Roxio 7 & that made no diffrence. Checking both drives in system-Properties it says both drives are working properly--Thank You--Roy

descriptioncannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive EmptyRe: cannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive

more_horiz
Hello,

Did you try inserting a new disc? Also let me know the exact message.

descriptioncannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive EmptyRe: cannot write to or save to CD or DVD drive

more_horiz
Thank You --While waiting for a reply I discovered I had a full spindle of disks that the drives were unable to read. An older disk showed up as "Blank Disk" & I was able to both drag & drop & send file to. The new disks still get the message,"insert disk" Roy

more_horiz
Hello,

Make sure that the new discs are compatible with the CD Drive. Is the drive a DVD or CD drive?

more_horiz
The drive is a DVD drive & according to the Disk & Device Utility it can write to the following media types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-RW high speed, CD-RW ultra high speed, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW & I did get it to write to a DVD+RW but I picked up a new spindle of Memorex CD-R 52X & the drive will not a recognize the disk, in the disk utility I get a message--Incompatible medium installed-Unit not ready

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum