WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionChanging my Primary or "C" drive EmptyChanging my Primary or "C" drive

more_horiz
My Dell pc has two slots for hard drives. The primary drive is only 30 gigs. I insatalled a 250 gig in the second slot a while back. Even thought I try and save eveything to the secondary hard drive I'm still running out of free space on the primary drive. I would like to change the 30 gig to a 250 gig. How can I best do this without messing up eveything? Will I need to reinstall XP?

descriptionChanging my Primary or "C" drive EmptyRe: Changing my Primary or "C" drive

more_horiz
Yes, if you want to change your primary partition, you will have to reinstall XP on the 250GB HDD. You can partition your current 250GB into 2 parts to backup your current data, so you won't loose anything during the format and install.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Changing my Primary or "C" drive Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionChanging my Primary or "C" drive EmptyRe: Changing my Primary or "C" drive

more_horiz
Is there a chance that I could swap out the two drives? Get rid of the 30gb and put in another 250gb later. I can dump everything worth saving to my external hard drive. Will this work?

more_horiz
Somehow you will still have to do a clean in stall of Windows. Windows won't work by just copying everything over. Unless you have Acronis True image where you can clone the OS from one hdd to another. But that is unless you have a RTM version of Windows.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Changing my Primary or "C" drive Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Thanks for the advice, I'll try and find someone to help me incase I screw it up. LOL Banner

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum