WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionGateway Laptop EmptyGateway Laptop

more_horiz
I recently bought a Gateway Laptop, the Model Number is W650l. The Windows sticker is wore off and I can no longer tell if it had Vista or XP. It doesn't do anything when you turn it on, except stay on a black screen with a little white curser in the left hand corner of the screen. I put the XP disk in first, and it went through with it, but when it came up to the options (delete partition, create a partition in the unpartition space press C, To delete the selected partition, press D) . I need to know where it is supposed to tell you about the disk partition, and which ones you can delete. It says If you press enter to install XP. It comes up and says the problem seems to be caused by the following file: setupdd.sys
Technical information:
***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE10E26F0,0x00000000,0xF74139A8,0x00000001)

*** setupdd.sys-Adress F74139A8 base at F73EC000, DateStamp 41107c8f
Thank you,
Anthony Crecelius Email: (anthony.c7426@insightbb.com)
IF POSSIBLE PLEASE REPLY ASAP!

descriptionGateway Laptop EmptyRe: Gateway Laptop

more_horiz
Hello,

Usually, when installing an OS, you would choose the C:\ partition. So, select that.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Gateway Laptop Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionGateway Laptop EmptyCan't figure it out

more_horiz
I have tried everything that i know!! When the computer comes on it goes to a black screen with a little white cursor at the top left hand screen. It's almost like it still has an OS on it. When u try to install a new OS it says that there are no drives. You can't delete the partition or anything. I'm at a lost for words and really need help my current laptop is almost four years old and has been through alot. I just really don't want to go pay someone thirty dollars an hour to fix it if it is quite simple. I could take a few pictures of what is goin on with it when i try to install if it would help. If you could just direct me on how to completely wipe it out and start over it would be AWESOME!!! Thank you for your time i really hope you can help the GEEK POLICE have never let me down before.
Thanks a million
Anthony C

more_horiz
Hello,

Pictures would help me to better troubleshoot the problem.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Gateway Laptop Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum