WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionGateway lap top won't turn on EmptyGateway lap top won't turn on

more_horiz
My Gateway, MP 8708 or PA6A will not turn on. The battery is charged. Thought it was the charger/power cord but replaced that. So that leaves me with either a broken wire to the mother board or a fried mother board. Searched the net for instructions to take my lap top apart but cannot find any detailed service manual for it. I was going to solder the wire if broken myself, as I don't have $200 just for them to tell me whats wrong and then charge me to fix it. I really need to get this lap top running as all my business files are on it. I am a small business owner, construction, who has been hit extremely hard by this depression/recession or what ever you want to call it. Just relocated to a smaller community with only 1 place that would solder on the mother board if that's the cause. So any advice, help or suggestions would be extremely appreciated. Thanks

descriptionGateway lap top won't turn on EmptyRe: Gateway lap top won't turn on

more_horiz
Hello! I have reported to our fantastic Tech Staff that you need help.

Someone shall be with you shortly.

more_horiz
Hello,

Remove the battery and disconnect the power cord for about 15 minutes. Leave the battery disconnected and try connecting only the power cord to the laptop. Try turning on the laptop after that.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Gateway lap top won't turn on Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum