WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionComp keeps crashing.... EmptyComp keeps crashing....

more_horiz
I'm not sure if this is under the right forum(sorry if im wrong).

Lately i've been playing alot of WoW(world of warcraft) and sometimes while im playing the game and computer crashes. The music in the game stays at a steady beat when this happens. So i decided to call Blizzard (the developers) and they said i needed to update the drivers from the dell website (dell is the type of computer i own; XP is installed). So i went onto the dell website and went to drivers and downloads and downloaded everything in there. Some files worked when I used them, some didn't, things such as i don't have the required software or my software is already updated popped up when it didnt work. After all this the game was working fine for about a week which it started to crash again. The only thing i can do when the comp crashes is hold down the power button until it goes off then turn it back on. Please help. This is getting really annoying.

descriptionComp keeps crashing.... EmptyRe: Comp keeps crashing....

more_horiz
In this case, it is very difficult to identify the root of the problem.
Let's zero in on the problem by looking at a few possible causes:

1. How old is your computer? Electrical components tend to fail overtime. If your computer is >4-5yrs old, I recommend that you change your computer.

2. It could be because of overheating. By the way, did you overclock your computer? If you do, I recommend that you revert back to the default power settings.

3. Are your graphics card all, ram and processor performing to the recommended requirements of the game?

4. Do you get any warning messages before your computer crashed? If you did not, there is likely to be hardware problem. If yes, please reply with a screenshot of the error message.

5. Does your computer crash only during the game?

Recommended solutions:

1. Send your computer to the repair shop to check for any hardware failure.
2. Uninstall the game if 'cause no.5' is true.
3. Buy a new computer.
4. Revert back to default power settings if 'cause no.2' is true.

If you are still in doubt about this matter, feel free to ask.

more_horiz
1. its around 3-4 yrs old
2.not sure wut overclocking is
3.Yes
4.No message
5.yes

more_horiz
hitter10 wrote:
1. its around 3-4 yrs old

Try getting a new computer.

hitter10 wrote:
2.not sure wut overclocking is

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overclocking

hitter10 wrote:
4.No message

It could be due to overheating of the processor or the hardware hence your computer restarted to prevent damge to the hardware.

hitter10 wrote:
5.yes

I suggest that you uninstall the game from your computer or buy a new computer(I recommend that you buy Windows 7) and reinstall the game on it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum