WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionData Execution Prevention thing?? EmptyData Execution Prevention thing??

more_horiz
Having a nightmare here. Suddenly my computer as given up the will to do anything. I have had a few problems I had recently and sorted out through this site (Thankfully). But now when I fire the thing up it tells me that DEP as closed windows explorer, this in turn tells me to close the message, when this is clicked all I have is the wall paper. If I don't click it, the icons etc appear but nothing runs, it just hangs, nothing opens, the clock stops and I can't even click on my taskbar? All it does is shows the the hourglass,What the hell is it? I can work going into safe mode with networking but obviously this isn't a good option as our computer is used for alot of the wife's work, and obviously needs it to be working properly. I have issued this in the Virus, malware and trojan threads, but realised it needs to be in here. I have changed the DEP settings inside safe mode to run on all programs except for those I select (or something like). I am not an advanced user and I am worried to be using the OS replacement thing microsoft do, could anyone of you good people help us out PLEASE....also I noticed when it was running before its demise, when i open task manager I have 2 unwanted exe files running 1 being csrss.exe and 1 lrssc.exe (i think)

descriptionData Execution Prevention thing?? EmptyRe: Data Execution Prevention thing??

more_horiz
Read This:

http://www.updatexp.com/support-files/data-execution-prevention.pdf

............................................................................................

Data Execution Prevention thing?? Educat10

descriptionData Execution Prevention thing?? EmptyRe: Data Execution Prevention thing??

more_horiz
I have read the attached article but to be honest this hasn't helped sorry. As stated in the document I have set DEP to ignore windows explorer and it does boot up, I just now recieve multiple erroes and the computer runs like ****. I am however running in safe mode with networking and as you know this isnt the best way to be running. Anymore ideas? I have on the system: hijack this and MBAM. Maybe I could send a log file we could determine whats wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Jason

more_horiz
Hello, try this:

Start >> Right click on My Computer >> Click on Properties >> Advanced tab >> Click on Settings in the Performance section >> Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.

Select Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Data Execution Prevention thing?? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum