WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionData Execution Prevention problem still there EmptyData Execution Prevention problem still there

more_horiz
I have this Data Execution Prevention window that pops up evertyime i try to shut my computer down...Whenever I go to shut my computer down it would tell me Windows explorer encountered problem and Data Execution Prevention closed the program....I have run antivirus manytimes after and it has not accountered any problem till yesterday..i still have to run today.....i do not know why it pops ups.....Please help

Last edited by uvita on 9th February 2009, 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionData Execution Prevention problem still there EmptyRe: Data Execution Prevention problem still there

more_horiz
Hello, try this:

Start >> Right click on My Computer >> Click on Properties >> Advanced tab >> Click on Settings in the Performance section >> Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.

Select Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Data Execution Prevention problem still there Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionData Execution Prevention problem still there EmptyRe: Data Execution Prevention problem still there

more_horiz
I did and it is set on that but yet it does that

more_horiz
Ok, instead of selecting Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only, select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select

If it still doesn't work, try this:

Read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654/en-us

After that read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747

Then run the SFC command from the command prompt window.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Data Execution Prevention problem still there Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum