WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNewmen Webcam MC-213 EmptyNewmen Webcam MC-213

more_horiz
Can anyone help me in finding a driver for this webcam? I tried emailing their tech support guys to no avail. This webcam was just given to me by my aunt and she has lost the cd that came along with the webcam. Supposedly this is just a plug and play device but somehow my OS is not getting any drivers for it. Thanks.

descriptionNewmen Webcam MC-213 EmptyRe: Newmen Webcam MC-213

more_horiz
Hello, Newman doesn't really provide a driver for this model.

I'm not sure if it will work, but you can try installing the driver for a similar model.

http://download.driverguide.com/driver/MS-019/Newmen+Technology/d693814.html

more_horiz
thanks i will try this...i really don't know why this needs a driver anyway...as the website says its just plug and play.

more_horiz
Just a note: Some hardware companies have not released drivers for Windows XP SP3. I encountered several hardware problems with SP3 on my computer.

If the Doctor's driver does not work, you may need to revert back to SP2

I just took this one step farther than Doctor Inferno. I made an international call to china in an attempt to contact their technical support; Unfortunately no one spoke English! I did check the link that Dr. Inferno gave you, but it specifies "No driver needed under Windows XP, SP2 and Vista." This says to me, by reading between the lines. That it is not compatible with Windows XP SP3.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum