WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionPareto Driver Cure EmptyPareto Driver Cure

more_horiz
Hello all,
I've got a question for the experts as I have found some conflicting info online. What is Pareto Driver Cure and is it safe/legit? My husband downloaded it because it showed up on his computer as an update and of course looked "official" - I have uninstalled it and want to find out more about this and if I need to proceed to the malware forum.

Thanks in advance!

descriptionPareto Driver Cure EmptyRe: Pareto Driver Cure

more_horiz
Ok, first question. Where did he download it from? As in, specifically what software prompted him to download it? As it stands right now, It looks legit from googling it, but depending on the software that prompted him to download it, it may be malicious or contain a backdoor trojan. Have you ran any anti-virus programs or noticed the computer acting differently?

P.S. working on being an expert, if it gets out of my area of knowledge, i am humble and will admit to it

descriptionPareto Driver Cure EmptyPareto Driver Cure

more_horiz
Mariealabama (btw, I'm in Alabama!) - he told me that he got a pop-up and that it looked like something that he was "supposed" to do. I thought I had installed everything possible on his computer to keep him from doing stuff like that and he's been told not to download unless he checks with me first but he didn't ask on this one. I believe I've got that particular computer set up to run scans daily but I'm not there right now to check. I forgot to run the scan after uninstalling the program but we'll make sure one is run when we get home today. Just bothered me because he said it appeared as a pop-up which is how he got infected with Spyguard.

Thanks for the reply!

more_horiz
If it is a virus, which it deffinately sounds like it is, then please don't hesitate to post your Hijack This log in the malware removal section of the forum!

Also, I am in the Birmingham area, and if you ever need help, just P.M. me on here. I won't charge anything; It gains me experience.

more_horiz
mariealabama wrote:
I won't charge anything

You shouldn't! Cheesy Grin (sparkly

Keep up the good work.

more_horiz
Thanks, mariealabama. I'm currently out of town and it will be easier for me to run the Hijack This when I get back rather than to try and walk him through. I'll get that posted as soon as I can.

more_horiz
My pleasure! I am here anytime, and I am also here if you need anyone to physically help with your computer (like I mentioned before). All problems that are hard to solve will be like a gift. I'll get to learn a lot from fixing it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum