WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMissing Desktop and Task manager can not be used? EmptyMissing Desktop and Task manager can not be used?

more_horiz
About Two weeks ago I got a new charger for my laptop, which had not been used in about a year. I had sadly forgotten that after so long of not being used, it would have needed everything to be updated. My laptop was working fine for about a week or less, until it started getting very slow. I removed macafee, which I was told didn't work as well. And downloaded AVG. I ran a scan and all and as I was running the scan I was also looking for the desk defrager. But while I was looking, my entire Desk top vanished, as well as the task bar at the bottom. I had no idea what had happen, and I was told that it was probably nothing but the apirl fools virus. I am useless when it comes to fixing computers and no one around me seems to know what to do, so my laptop stayed the way it is. I just used the Task manager to get to the internet and what not. Last night though, my computer did it's daily scan and it said my task manager was infected. After it was done I pressed "heal all" and after I did that my task manager was not working. So now I am unable to do ANYTHING on my laptop. If anyone could tell me what I'm suppose to do, It would be very helpful :]

descriptionMissing Desktop and Task manager can not be used? EmptyRe: Missing Desktop and Task manager can not be used?

more_horiz
If the taskmgr.exe file is infected, you've probably got yourself a case of Virut, which can't be fixed.

Your best hope is to format the machine.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Missing Desktop and Task manager can not be used? DXwU4
Missing Desktop and Task manager can not be used? VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum