WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAll Computer Games fail after 10 minutes of playing. EmptyAll Computer Games fail after 10 minutes of playing.

more_horiz
Hi GeekPolice, I was referred here by a friend because I have a very strange problem at hand. Every time I run any PC games, the whole system locks up after about 10 minutes of play, or sitting in the menus.

Here are my specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 6000+ 3.1GHz
RAM: Patriot 2GB low-latency ram (2 x 1GB)
Graphics card: EVGA 9800 GT Akimbo 512mb GDDR3 PCIe-2.0
Motherboard: Asus M3A78-EM
PSU: Corsair TX650

I recently replaced the power supply thinking that it was the problem, but unfortunately, it wasn't. So here I am, only able to run the desktop, without a solution to my problem. I hope you guys can fix this crippling situation.

descriptionAll Computer Games fail after 10 minutes of playing. EmptyRe: All Computer Games fail after 10 minutes of playing.

more_horiz
Hello & welcome.

Have you tried updating your Graphics card with the latest drivers?

Download it here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_182.08_whql.html

descriptionAll Computer Games fail after 10 minutes of playing. EmptyRe: All Computer Games fail after 10 minutes of playing.

more_horiz
I have updated all my Drivers, I've installed the AMD Dual Core Optimizer as well which worked for a little bit, but I still BSOD in Age of Empires III

more_horiz
Do you have the error code of the BSOD? For example 0x0000000A.

more_horiz
I wrote down all of the ones that showed up.

0x0000008E (0xc000001D, 0x804fb185, 0xb22f1bd8, 0x00000000)

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

more_horiz
Download this hotfix and run it:

http://drop.io/hvqbhiv/asset/161056-enu-i386-zip-exe

If it asks for the password, key in the following:

Code:

D8rGwD#

more_horiz
When I put in the password, the window just flashes and it stays at the same file.

Update!:

I fixed the problem. It was my RAM, I replaced it with the sticks that came with the PC when I bought it and I could play games again. Thanks for the help Dr. Inferno, I appreciate it!

more_horiz
Thanks for updating me. I will now mark this topic as solved. Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum