WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionwinmail.dat file cant be opened in windows media player Emptywinmail.dat file cant be opened in windows media player

more_horiz
my .dat file is a video file but can’t open with windows media player I have Vista basic and the windows media player that came with it.
I have a Dell inspiron 531 PC it works very well however, my emails sometimes come with a winmail.dat attachment ,that's usually a video of some sort ,I Have tried to open it with other programs like real player and power point . what is a simple way to correct this problem?Thanks Suzonka

Last edited by Doctor Inferno on 28th March 2009, 12:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding more information)

descriptionwinmail.dat file cant be opened in windows media player EmptyRe: winmail.dat file cant be opened in windows media player

more_horiz
.dat extensions are usually files that are specific to a program. It is a wrapper used by Microsoft Outlook when sending certain attachments.

To open it you need to save the file and then use a TNEF extractor program to get the original files out.

Try this free software; Fentun to get the invoice out of your email. Download: http://www.fentun.com/

Alternatively, you can change the extension from .dat to whichever extension you know the original file was in.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

winmail.dat file cant be opened in windows media player Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum