WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHibernation/Startup EmptyHibernation/Startup

more_horiz
On my Toshiba Satellite A205-S5812 I am having a few problems on start up. Whenever I turn on my computer the first problem is that it always like reboots itself sort of and then recommends using start up repair. I barely do this because I have tried it and whenever I start up it will just ask to do it again. So I start Windows normally and then when I log onto my username a little box pops up that says "Warning: Your system does not support hibernation." If I can remember, my system did support hibernation but I am not 100% positive becayse I have never needed to use it so I wouldn't know if it went missing. Anyways, is there a way that I can stop this from popping up and maybe even get my hibernation back?

descriptionHibernation/Startup EmptyRe: Hibernation/Startup

more_horiz
What version of Windows and service pack are you using?

Right Click My Computer >> Properties. Does the hibernation box appear before or after you log in? What happens in safe mode?

What is your PC's model number?

You can disable hibernation following these steps:

RIGHT click a blank spot on the desktop >> Properties >> Screen Saver tab >> Power Options >> Hibernate tab >> uncheck Enable Hibernation >> Ok >> Reboot.

There is also a possibility that you are infected.

more_horiz
I just restored my computer yesterday (for other reasons besides these) and now the warning thing doesn't pop up but still when I start my computer it always recommends that I use start up repair. I figured I would try it this once but it says "Cannot automatically fix repairs" or something like that. I don't believe it can be a virus Sad tearing

more_horiz
Our malware removal forums will be open for you to check if you are infected.

http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum