WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionproblems in mozilla firefox Emptyproblems in mozilla firefox

more_horiz
Hi,I'm new here but not to computers in general.however I have a problem which has occurred in firefox whereas the backgrounds are missing. i have done 2 screenprints which show what the difference is.1 is done in MSN Explorer showing how it should look, the other in firefox showing how it looks in that.with MSN closing so many of their assetts over the 7 years i have used it i am looking to gradually start using firefox but not as it is at the moment as i work with backgrounds and graphics a lot and would like to be able to see them on any website i build.
1.as it appears in firefox
[img]problems in mozilla firefox SametriviapageinMozillafirefox[/img]
2.as it appears in MSN Explorer..as it should look
[img]problems in mozilla firefox TriviapageinMSNExplorer[/img]
can you help me put this right please?
also MSN explorer keeps going wrong.either keeps closing down or not letting me sign into it or messenger. i have to do a system restore then it works ok for another day or two.
Thanks
Dee

descriptionproblems in mozilla firefox EmptyRe: problems in mozilla firefox

more_horiz
forgot to say, this occurs on all sites not just the one ive cited

more_horiz
Some browsers have trouble reading CSS. I had a website alittle while ago that would only load properly in IE, It was completely unreadable in FF.

I had to get a new template off some websites and start my layout all over again.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
problems in mozilla firefox DXwU4
problems in mozilla firefox VvYDg

descriptionproblems in mozilla firefox Emptyfirefox probs

more_horiz
it didnt have any problems reading anything when it was put on my PC last April 08.and has been ok since.its only the last 2-3 weeks ive had the problem.

I wouldnt know how to get templates or use them.besides which i feel its something thats gone wrong not something that has always been there.

more_horiz
what is CSS? please dont use initials....i dont know what a lot of them are.I can do simple maintainance of my PC but i am no tech pro.therefore i need explanations. thanks

more_horiz
Hello.
Did this start AFTER Firefox did an update? From the screenshots, I can tell it's Firefox 3.0.*

............................................................................................

more_horiz
possibly though i didn't see it do an update myself but ive tried looking for new updates and it says there is none.

more_horiz
Firefox does updates itself, that's why it didn't ask.
It's probably as I suggested, the layout will need to be re-done.

more_horiz
so how do i do that? incidentally, i wasnt around when my son put firefox on this pc.was away on holiday so havent a clue whats what with it

more_horiz
I don't think you can do anything. Firefox is a browser which many people suggest is more secure than IE and also is much faster.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

problems in mozilla firefox Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionproblems in mozilla firefox Emptyfirefox probs

more_horiz
well it might be so but not much good to me if i need to see backgrounds and other graphics.
if i uninstall it and re-install a new copy am i likely to get the same thing happen?if so can you recomend another (free) browser i can download thats just as good? i hate IE.

more_horiz
Let me ask one question.
Is this happening in ALL sites that you view in FF, or just that one?

more_horiz
Hi Jerry, yes it is........as i actually did say in the beginning........
QUUOTE:
Re: problems in mozilla firefox
by springfever189 on Wed 18 Feb 2009, 9:36 pm

forgot to say, this occurs on all sites not just the one ive cited
UNQUOTE

have now uninstalled firefox though i would prefer to use it again if this problem could be solved. my son had installed it again for me but i dont think he did it right as i found 2 copies on my add/remove programmes. hopefully both have been removed now. will be doing a search to make sure today. will download a new copy myself and see what happens then.
meanwhile if you have other ideas please let me know.and thanks all for your efforts thus far.

more_horiz
I don't think you can do anything. Since you hate IE, I suggest you get another good browser, Opera:

http://www.opera.com/

It's as fast as firefox, but it lacks add-ons. 😉

more_horiz
Yes, we may be able to get FF installed again.

To ensure complete removal for Firefox, please follow the below instructions.
1. Uninstall FF using its uninstaller.
2. I have written a little program to remove your Firefox Profile, with all addons and settings.
This program was written in AutoIT. As such, it may be flagged by your antivirus as malware. This is a FALSE POSITIVE. Antimalware devices have been doing this for years. It is safe to ignore there warning about this program,

Download it from here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8k8axh

Now, please reinstall Firefox from http://www.getfirefox.com
This will ensure that you are getting it streight from Mozilla.

Please let us know if this works for you.

more_horiz
Thanks for that. Now i downloaded and ran your little programme. it didnt SEEM to work as i found 2 mozilla firefox folders complete with several files still in my C://programme files. i deleted these, ran a search for mozilla firefox files/folders on my computer.none came up. i then downloaded and installed mozilla firefox direct from the link you gave me and voila........it had all worked.i now have backgrounds in firefox again.
Thank you so much.
Dee

more_horiz
hi Doctor Inferno

i actually put opera on only a few days ago to see what it was like.it will do as another alternative. (or should i not have so many different browsers on as i now have 4...I.E./msn explorer/opera/firefox. could they conflict?)

must also say that the other problems i was experiencing...i.e. in MSN .....seem to have stopped now. maybe that was all to do with MSN groups stopping.we were warned there may be disruptions as they took groups off and integrated messenger/hotmail/live groups etc. i can still get thrown offline occasionally but i rather think thats more me being impatient and giving the computer too much to do at once.

anyway thank you all once again.
dee

more_horiz
springfever189 wrote:
Thanks for that. Now i downloaded and ran your little programme. it didnt SEEM to work as i found 2 mozilla firefox folders complete with several files still in my C://programme files. i deleted these, ran a search for mozilla firefox files/folders on my computer.none came up. i then downloaded and installed mozilla firefox direct from the link you gave me and voila........it had all worked.i now have backgrounds in firefox again.
Thank you so much.
Dee

No problem friend! Hooray!
The program wasnt designed to remove all of Firefox, just its profile folder. I figured that it was a misplaced setting, or a bad addon that caused the trouble, and deleting that folder would allow FF to restore all of its settings, and erase all the addons.

Glad that it worked for you. Cheesy Grin (sparkly

more_horiz
Browsers don't conflict, so you can have as many of them as you want. 😉

Opera is faster compared to Firefox according to some tests (Acid3). Most of the time not visible to the human eye lol. The things is that Opera lacks add-ons, that's why more people stick to Firefox.

If you do not use any Firefox add-ons, you can use Opera. If not use Firefox, it rocks! Right On!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum