WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionFormat and Reinstall Vista, Partition query? plz Help!!! EmptyFormat and Reinstall Vista, Partition query? plz Help!!!

more_horiz
Hi,
I am planning to format and reinstall Vista Home. My HDD is 250GB, Dell XPS Laptop. What should be the partition( how much GB for C:/ and D:/) I prefer keeping all other stuff in D drive and the C:/ for OS ONLY
Kindly Guide

Thanks

Tarzan [b]

descriptionFormat and Reinstall Vista, Partition query? plz Help!!! EmptyRe: Format and Reinstall Vista, Partition query? plz Help!!!

more_horiz
tarzan wrote:
I prefer keeping all other stuff in D drive and the C:/ for OS ONLY

This is a very wise decision and shows that you understand good hard drive management.

If you ever need to format and reinstall windows in the future, all your important data is safely tucked away on the other partition.

I keep a minimum of 50 gigs on my primary partition (/:C) for my Windows 7 install which should also leave you plenty of room for any third party program installs.

Regards

descriptionFormat and Reinstall Vista, Partition query? plz Help!!! EmptyRe: Format and Reinstall Vista, Partition query? plz Help!!!

more_horiz
Thanks a lot for the advice, i was really wandering for the info.
thanks again Thank You!

more_horiz
Practice good hard disk management and you will never be afraid of the word format in future. Glad you chose to store data on your D drive. 😉

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Format and Reinstall Vista, Partition query? plz Help!!! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum