WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNuqel.E and other various little problems EmptyNuqel.E and other various little problems

more_horiz
I have never been smart about virus protection...and I think its time I start.

I have the Win32/Nuqel.E worm, I can't access my folder options. I get a random white box on the middle of my screen that won't go away...my computer is just screwed up.

I guess we will start with a Hijack This log, I am not so great with computers so forgive any dumb mistakes I make.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:06:56 PM, on 1/30/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\NMSAccessU.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Razer\Diamondback 3G\razerhid.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Stevo\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlognn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Stevo\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Stevo\LOCALS~1\Temp\csrssc.exe
C:\Program Files\Razer\Diamondback 3G\razertra.exe
C:\Program Files\Razer\Diamondback 3G\razerofa.exe
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\rdl9.tmp
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svschost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svñshost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\m3V02\m3V022328.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Stevo\Desktop\hijackgpthis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {41a4b986-5290-4f3b-89b3-efd4f94c9932} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\cbXOeeDw.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnMgdEx.dll
O2 - BHO: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgdfeeeh4fdg.dll - {c5bf49a2-94f3-42bd-f434-3604812c8955} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgdfeeeh4fdg.dll
O2 - BHO: BHO - {c9c42510-9b21-41c1-9dcd-8382a2d07c61} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\iehelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Diamondback] C:\Program Files\Razer\Diamondback 3G\razerhid.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jsf8uiw3jnjgffght] C:\DOCUME~1\Stevo\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlognn.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [quabyvptzqp] C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "C:\WINDOWS\system32\elvbqyweebnw.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Logon Applicationedc] C:\Documents and Settings\Stevo\winlogon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows Installer] C:\Documents and Settings\Stevo\Application Data\msiexec.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Fbazagubin] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\Kmoje.dll",e
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [20b5f75f] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mybtvcex.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Srecogevopebasus] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\uqijobecebepaguh.dll",e
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [jsf8uiw3jnjgffght] C:\DOCUME~1\Stevo\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlognn.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [tezrtsjhfr84iusjfo84f] C:\DOCUME~1\Stevo\LOCALS~1\Temp\csrssc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sysguard] C:\WINDOWS\sysguard.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [A00F5FDD0.exe] C:\DOCUME~1\Stevo\LOCALS~1\Temp\_A00F5FDD0.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [svschost.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\svschost.exe -check
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\Spybot\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\Spybot\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmime32.dll cdxlio.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmime32.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: 20b5f7f0517 - C:\WINDOWS\System32\dmime32.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: crypt - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\crypts.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: opnmgdex - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\opnMgdEx.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: __c0022fa0 - C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c0022FA0.dat
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: jgzfkj9w38rksndfi7r4 - {C5BF49A2-94F3-42BD-F434-3604812C8955} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgdfeeeh4fdg.dll
O23 - Service: NMSAccessU - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\NMSAccessU.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
End of file - 5112 bytes

I guess now I wait until someone much smarter then me replies =P

descriptionNuqel.E and other various little problems EmptyRe: Nuqel.E and other various little problems

more_horiz
Hello.
I have never been smart about virus protection...and I think its time I start.

Now would be a good time to start, because you have seriously damaged your machine.

Your system is severly infected. Problem with these infections nowadays is, it causes a lot of damage. Even if we clean the malware off your system, I can't guarantee that your system will be clean afterwards, because these infections/bundles leave a lot of leftovers behind that most scanners won't even recognise and logs won't show.
Also, I can't promise you we can repair all the damage it caused... Even after cleaning the malware, you can still get errors afterwards because of the damage. Solving these is not always possible since it will be searching for a needle in a haystack to find the right cause and solution.
So, we can try to clean this up and do what we can, but keep in mind that we can't solve ALL problems this malware already caused.

In light of this it would be wise for you to back up any files and folders that you don't want to lose before we start. Reason I am telling this is because when a system is so terribly infected and we try to clean this up manually, the damage that is already present may interfere with our removal attempts.

Actually, this doesn't suprise me at all...
I notice that you never scanned with an Antivirus previously before starting this thread - because you don't even have an Antivirus installed!
This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.
That's why I want you to install one first!!

* Please install Avira Antivirus: http://www.free-av.com/
This is a free Antivirus.

Perform a full scan with Avira and let it delete everything it is finding.
Then reboot.
After reboot, open your Avira and select "reports".
There doubleclick the report from the Full scan you have done. Click the "Report File" button and copy and paste this report in your next reply together with a new HijackThislog.
Then we'll start from there, because it really makes no sense otherwise that we clean this up manually if an Antivirusscan is not present which should be able to deal with most and prevent further reinfection.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Nuqel.E and other various little problems DXwU4
Nuqel.E and other various little problems VvYDg

descriptionNuqel.E and other various little problems EmptyRe: Nuqel.E and other various little problems

more_horiz
I actually can't use that anti virus program because I get an error that says:

The CRC sum of
C:\DOCUME~1\Stevo\LOCALS~1\Temp\RarSFX0\basic\setup.exe
has been changed! This could be due to a virus!
Do you want to shut down Setup?

And then the only option it gives me is to click OK.

Man...I guess I really did screw my PC up, should I possibly consider just deleting everything on my PC and starting fresh? Also I really appreciate you taking the time to help me, I honestly feel like I owe you some money, taking time out of your day (or night depending on where you live) to help a random person =P. I really do appreciate it.

more_horiz
It's up to you.

If you start clean, the infection is gone and the damage is fixed.
If you don't, we can remove only what we can, but the damage will remain,

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I am gonna try to reformat, I will post a new Hijack this log once that i

more_horiz
I wiped my system and started from scratch, I assume everything is hopefully fixed, but here is a new hijack this log just in case.

Scan saved at 8:28:44 PM, on 1/31/2009

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe
C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nTrayFw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpabaln.exe
C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe
C:\Games\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\Spybot\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nTrayFw] C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nTrayFw.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Diamondback] C:\Program Files\Razer\Diamondback 3G\razerhid.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot\TeaTimer.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\Spybot\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\Spybot\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: app_filter - Unknown owner - C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
O23 - Service: Forceware Web Interface (ForcewareWebInterface) - Apache Software Foundation - C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - Unknown owner - C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare user log service (nSvcLog) - Unknown owner - C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 3149 bytes

more_horiz
Hello.
Log is clean, but still no AV.

* Please install Avira Antivirus: http://www.free-av.com/

After that, should be all good, and I'll post some prevention tips.

more_horiz
I downloaded Avira, and a buddy of mine recommended Spybot, but I wanted to make sure I ran it by you first in case you knew of a better program to use. But those tips you offered would be greatly appreciated =P. My PC is running very smooth for the first time in years, and I would love to keep it up.

more_horiz
Spybot is okay if you run TeaTimer, but it can also cause some accidents, so I don't really recommend it.
I'd stay with MBAM for on demand scanning. [Remember to update the databse when you scan with it]

more_horiz
I downloaded MBAM, rand it, it found 11 things and cleaned them, here is the log.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.33
Database version: 1728
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

2/4/2009 5:42:14 PM
mbam-log-2009-02-04 (17-42-14).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 94839
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 1 minute(s), 14 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 8
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 3

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dnscache.dnscacheobj (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{1fd79a59-37b1-459b-9097-09f9fab8a523} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{b97f9125-71a1-48d0-b920-f140ef8de809} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{376892ae-1825-4e5f-9f85-23f9640051cc} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{376892ae-1825-4e5f-9f85-23f9640051cc} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{376892ae-1825-4e5f-9f85-23f9640051cc} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dnscache.dnscacheobj.1 (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\media player classic (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\mplayerplugin.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Tools\CodecTweakTool.exe (Adware.SearchIt99) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic\uninstall.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Here is a new Hijack This just in case.

Scan saved at 5:43:48 PM, on 2/4/2009

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpabaln.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1FD79A59-37B1-459B-9097-09F9FAB8A523} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Forceware Web Interface (ForcewareWebInterface) - Unknown owner - C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - Unknown owner - C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ForceWare user log service (nSvcLog) - Unknown owner - C:\NVIDIA\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 2620 bytes

Is there anything I should still do?

more_horiz
Hello.
Log looks okay, MBAM found a few thing, could be a false positive though, if the files were packed in UPX.

• Open HijackThis
  • Choose "Do a system scan only"
  • Check the boxes in front of these lines:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1FD79A59-37B1-459B-9097-09F9FAB8A523} - (no file)

• Press "Fix Checked"
  • Close Hijack This.

You still have minimum protection here, we need to keep you secure.

Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer in order to prevent future malware infections. Please take these recommendations seriously; these few simple steps can stave off the vast majority of spyware problems. As happy as we are to help you, for your sake we would rather not have repeat customers. Goofy

1) Please navigate to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and download all the "critical updates" for Windows. This can patch many of the security holes through which attackers can gain access to your computer.

Please either enable Automatic Updates under Start -> Control Panel -> Automatic Updates , or get into the habit of checking for Windows updates regularly. I cannot stress enough how important this is.

2) In order to protect yourself against spyware, you should consider installing and running the following free programs:

Ad-Aware SE
A tutorial on using Ad-Aware to remove spyware from your computer may be found here.

Spybot-Search & Destroy
A tutorial on using Spybot to remove spyware from your computer may be found here. Please also remember to enable Spybot's "Immunize" and "TeaTimer" features.

SpywareBlaster
A tutorial on using SpywareBlaster to prevent spyware from ever installing on your computer may be found here.

SpywareGuard
A tutorial on using SpywareGuard for realtime protection against spyware and hijackers may be found here.

Make sure to keep these programs up-to-date and to run them regularly, as this can prevent a great deal of spyware hassle.

3) Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in popup blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from here:
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
I also recommand the following add-ons for Firefox, they will help keep you safe from malicious scripts or activeX exploits.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433

4) Also make sure to run your antivirus software regularly, and to keep it up-to-date.

To help you keep your software updated, please considering using this free software program that will check for program updates.
Update Checker

5) Finally, consider maintaining a firewall. Some good free firewalls are Kerio, or
Outpost
A tutorial on understanding and using firewalls may be found here.

Please also read Tony Klein's excellent article: How I got Infected in the First Place

If you would take a moment to fill out our feedback form, we would appreciate it.
The link can be found here.

Hopefully this should take care of your problems! Good luck. Big Grin

more_horiz
You want me to download and use all those spyware programs? or just pick one?

Also, I don't know if you play any Half-Life 2 games, but I am having bad connection problems with the Steam network, could that be caused by something from my logs? or is it something that you wouldn't be able to help with much?

Reason I ask is because I have been plagued with connection problems with Steam. I have tried everything, I understand this probably isn't your field of expertise but I figured I would ask =P

more_horiz
Just install two.
Don't think I can help you with the Steam connection, no idea on that part.

more_horiz
Since this issue has been addressed, a "solved" tag will be added and this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a new topic for your questions.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Nuqel.E and other various little problems Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Since this issue has been addressed, a "solved" tag will be added and this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please open a new topic for your questions.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Nuqel.E and other various little problems Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum