WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error (Blue Screen/Crash) EmptyNMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error (Blue Screen/Crash)

more_horiz
I have a two year old DELL Inspiron E1705. It has never given me troubles and for the first year i used to play games on it for many hours every day. I stopped playing games for a year and now when i installed one of them (that i used to play) I started it up and after about 2 minutes i received this error:

Hardware Malfunction
Call you hardware vendor for support
NMI: Parity check/Memory Parity Error
The system has halted.

It was a blue screen Sad tearing

All suggestions and help will me very appriciated. Thankyou!! Thank You!

descriptionNMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error (Blue Screen/Crash) EmptyRe: NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error (Blue Screen/Crash)

more_horiz
Hardware error.

Apparently, the error you are getting is not a Blue Screen of Death.

You have to switch memory modules (RAM) to test them all in each memory slot. Also remove the graphic card and plug it back in.

See if the error still occurs.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error (Blue Screen/Crash) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionNMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error (Blue Screen/Crash) EmptyRe: NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error (Blue Screen/Crash)

more_horiz
Ah man so does that mean I need to break this laptop open? That sounds a little complicated for my abilities lol. Let me think

more_horiz
Ok, before doing that, try to flash your BIOS.

Download this to your desktop:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/MP061A02.EXE

And run it.

Check if the error still occurs.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

NMI: Parity Check/Memory Parity Error (Blue Screen/Crash) Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum