WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMy laptop doesn't recognize my new 4GB Class 4 microSDHC card EmptyMy laptop doesn't recognize my new 4GB Class 4 microSDHC card

more_horiz
I got a new microSDHC card for Christmas for my cell phone. It came with SD adapter and a USB adapter, but my laptop doesn't recognize it.

I've done a little reading about this and realized the SDHC cards are different than just the plain SD cards. I also read something about some Microsoft XP hotfix, but also read that that fix was included in SP3, so I'm wondering if I'm just not able to use this card in this laptop.

I have an Acer Aspire 3100 running Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3. Is there anything I can do to read this card?

Thanks in advance!

descriptionMy laptop doesn't recognize my new 4GB Class 4 microSDHC card EmptyRe: My laptop doesn't recognize my new 4GB Class 4 microSDHC card

more_horiz
The hotfix !

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934428

Regards

descriptionMy laptop doesn't recognize my new 4GB Class 4 microSDHC card EmptyRe: My laptop doesn't recognize my new 4GB Class 4 microSDHC card

more_horiz
Digitalocksmith wrote:

When I go to that, it list 2 different ones for me to choose one to request. Which do I choose Fix215552 or Fix201254? Also, I noticed this said it's for support for SDHC for a capacity of more than 4GB. My card is 4 GB.

Thanks!

more_horiz
Use the link under 'Update information' and validate your copy of Windows or select 215552 from the choices.

May be that it applies to 4gb or over!

Wont hurt to try.....

Regards

more_horiz
I got a setup error in trying to download it. It says that setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying. There is no need to install this update.

I do have SP3.

Does that mean that my card reader in my laptop just isn't capable of reading SDHC cards?

more_horiz
LadySmith wrote:
Does that mean that my card reader in my laptop just isn't capable of reading SDHC cards?

Yes. SDHC uses a new technology which came out recently.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

My laptop doesn't recognize my new 4GB Class 4 microSDHC card Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Well, if I bought one of those USB card readers would it work then or am I just out of luck with this new SDHC card I got?

more_horiz
Yes it will work.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

My laptop doesn't recognize my new 4GB Class 4 microSDHC card Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum