WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMy laptop won't recognize the charger cable. EmptyMy laptop won't recognize the charger cable.

more_horiz
So I've had my Toshiba Satellite for a little over a year now and it won't recognize the charger cable. My battery's about to die, too. Even when I try to charge it while it's off, it won't recognize it. I think the cable itself is damaged, but I don't see any external problems when I look at it.

I went to acclaim.toshiba.com to do a DIY Replacement order and it said that the cable's damaged, but I want to make sure it is before I order one. Just in case it's not a dead battery or a damaged port.

............................................................................................

My laptop won't recognize the charger cable. 2v0bvq9
^ I made that! :3 ^

descriptionMy laptop won't recognize the charger cable. EmptyRe: My laptop won't recognize the charger cable.

more_horiz
Try checking to see if where you plug the cable into the laptop the laptop power jack is not loose, I know that many Toshiba laptop power jacks have a big issue with them , if it is not loose then replace the cable.

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

descriptionMy laptop won't recognize the charger cable. EmptyRe: My laptop won't recognize the charger cable.

more_horiz
I've had the same problem on another type of computer. Mostly, it seems that the cables wear down after a time and for some, they're really expensive to replace.

If you notice that to need to replace it, I'd like to recommend eBay. To replace one of mine, it would cost $40 - $60 to buy a new one, but cost me only about $8 from eBay.

So if all else fails, I hope I saved you a bit of money.

-Cyril

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum