WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionChrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours EmptyChrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours

more_horiz
Users flock to Google's browser; it's unclear what they're ditching

(Computerworld) Google Inc.'s new Chrome browser grabbed 1% of the browser market in its first day out in public, Web metrics providers said today.

Both U.S.-based tracking company Net Applications Inc. and Irish vendor StatCounter put Chrome's total market share at around 1%, less than 24 hours after the browser's launch, passing rivals such as Opera and Netscape in the process.

"This is a phenomenal performance," said CEO Aodhan Cullen, in a post to StatCounter's blog today. StatCounter, which provides free visitor statistics tools to Web developers, monitors traffic on the sites run by its 1.5 million members.

Net Applications also tracked Chrome's debut and echoed StatCounter's numbers. "We saw them peak at 1.48% last night, and they're hovering around 1% currently," said Vince Vizzaccaro, executive vice president of marketing at Net Applications, in an e-mail this morning.

According to Net Applications, which is tracking Chrome's hourly numbers, Google's browser jumped from zero to 0.4% during the hour it was released yesterday. Nine hours later, at midnight EDT, Chrome accounted for 1% of the browsers used to visit the 40,000 or so sites that the company monitors for clients. ..............

More: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9114047&source=NLT_PM&nlid=8

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Chrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionChrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours EmptyRe: Chrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours

more_horiz
Well done Chrome.
I think the flocking to Chrome is only because of the speed, they have not optimization yet.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Chrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours DXwU4
Chrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours VvYDg

descriptionChrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours EmptyRe: Chrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours

more_horiz
I won't be suprised is they catch up with firefox anytime soon.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Chrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Agreed. LOL Banner

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Chrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours DXwU4
Chrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours VvYDg

more_horiz
It's good to see Chrome on the market to make browsers compete to be the best, thereby giving us a great choice between very good browsers .

Chrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours Longlo10

more_horiz
Yeah. I agree too. But i think it's not as fast as some peoples think. I already try it, and nothing special. But it's just BETA, let's wait a lill Big Grin

Chrome grabs 1% of browser market in under 24 hours V45u80

more_horiz
The way google does things hp just awesome

RAW!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum