WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionStuck in safe mode EmptyStuck in safe mode

more_horiz
I'm on an ASIS Laptop with Windows 10 installed. I switched to safe mode and now I can't get normal mode back. I tried rebooting and did a system recovery and I'm still stuck in safe mode.

descriptionStuck in safe mode EmptyRe: Stuck in safe mode

more_horiz
Hello, welcome back. Our techs will be with you shortly,

To help us help you more efficiently:

Please include the following information, as much as possible, for your technical support request:

1. System specifications: brand and model of computer/tablet/laptop/phone, CPU/Processor, RAM, storage, GPU/graphics card, antivirus/security programs, and any other pertinent information that would be helpful.
  2. A full description of the problem, solutions you have tried (if any), and any other information helpful to solving the issue.

more_horiz
What was the reason for booting Windows into Safe Mode?
Do you get any error message?
Which method did you use to boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode?
Have you use the System Restore utility to restore your computer to a date when it was working?
Do you have Windows 10 Setup DVD?

I would like you to check the system integrity of your Windows OS installation.

• Please right click the Windows logo (formerly the start button) at the bottom left of your screen.
  • Please select  "Command Prompt (Admin)"
  • Please type the following command and press the key: sfc /scannow  (Please note that there is a space between 'sfc" and "/scannow".)
  • It should take about 20 minutes to run, if there are no serious errors.
  • If the System File Checker reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain; please reboot your computer and run the System File Checker from an Administrator Command Prompt, again.
  • If the System File Checker again reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain, please reboot your computer and run it a third time.
  • If "Resource Integrity Violations" (errors) are reported that could not be corrected, or were not corrected after a third SFC run, then please navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS and copy the file "cbs.log" to your desktop immediately.  I am asking you do that because that file is dynamic, so I want to be able to examine a copy that is unchanged from the time that the System File Checker was run.
  • If there are errors that couldn't be corrected, let me know and I will provide you with instructions as to how to upload the file

............................................................................................

FreeBooter
Stuck in safe mode 1363

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
Thank you for your response, I  have it back to normal now a and we can delete  this thread.

more_horiz
We are glad to hear you have resolved the issue!

Take Care!

............................................................................................

FreeBooter
Stuck in safe mode 1363

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum