WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows 7 Enterprise EmptyWindows 7 Enterprise

more_horiz
I have a Dell Latitude 6520 with Windows 7 Enterprise that has administration password I don't know. If I changed the hard drive and install another version of 7 will I be able to use PC?

descriptionWindows 7 Enterprise EmptyRe: Windows 7 Enterprise

more_horiz
Welcome to GeekPolice!

Because we don't know if the laptop belongs to you we cannot help you reset administrator password. You can reinstall Windows OS you don't need to replace hard disk drive to do a clean install of Windows OS.

............................................................................................

FreeBooter
Windows 7 Enterprise 1363

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
Just to add to what FreeBooter has said above;

When sold to the general public the Dell Latitude 6520 commonly shipped with Windows 7 Pro or Home, Windows 7 Enterprise was not available to the general public only to large corporations, schools and universities etc through a volume licensing/software assurance contract with Microsoft, not knowing the password and the OS being Windows 7 Enterprise suggests that this computer belongs to either a business or an academic institution and not an individual.

One of the security features of the Dell Latitude 6520 explained below;

Because this is an enterprise-class system, Dell includes Intel's vPro, which allows IT administrators to manage and secure the Latitude E6520 remotely. Also installed on our unit was the Intel Management and Security Status utility, which makes use of Intel’s Active Management Technology (AMT) and Anti-Theft Technology (AT), both of which require vPro to work. AMT is designed to make it easier for IT administrators to remotely manage systems, while AT can render a lost or stolen system inoperable by blocking the system's boot process. 

more_horiz
Thanks for timely response. Knew you couldn't help me with administration password. Didn't think I could do clean install with out removing old one, deeply rooted. How do I go about clean install? Not super savey.

more_horiz
Does this mean I can't do anything resolve this? It was given to me recently after they left the company a few years ago.

more_horiz
How to do a clean install of an OS is easily found on the internet so you do not need any help with that, what you will need is to purchase a legitimate OS product key and media such as Windows on a USB thumb drive or DVD.

In case you are not aware, the OS and product key that were used on the computer remain the property of the company that has the agreement with Microsoft and the person that passed the computer on to you even if given the computer by the company should have either had the HDD removed or formatted first, returned the HDD to the company or formatted the HDD themselves, based on what you have said it is highly likely that any previous password has long been invalid and the person that gave you the computer no longer allowed to use it.

more_horiz
Thanks a bunch! Once a clean install is done, I take it, it can't be traced and get them on trouble. I don't want them to be responsible.

more_horiz
You are very welcome, we are glad to help you answer your question!

............................................................................................

FreeBooter
Windows 7 Enterprise 1363

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
fchayman wrote:
Thanks a bunch! Once a clean install is done, I take it, it can't be traced and get them on trouble. I don't want them to be responsible.

No problem, we have only advised you that a clean install may be possible, explained why we do not help get around passwords and why the present Windows 7 Enterprise OS cannot be legally used by anyone outside of the company that has the specific contract with Microsoft, no terms of use breached and your question legitimately answered  Smile!

NB: As long as the person that gifted you the computer had permission to do so you have nothing to worry about once you have purchased a Microsoft product key and media and done a clean install.

more_horiz
Thanks again. I understand and didn't expect help with password bypass. Not what I wanted. Just want to use laptop without ramifications on their end. Will probably replace hard drive with new, and a licensed version. Shouldn't be any problems then. I hope. Very nice computer for what I do, no gaming just general use. I have some vehicle diagnostic equipment that uses windows 7. I do work on various other equipment, I can store repair and parts manuals and take with me.

more_horiz
Is this topic solved then?

more_horiz
[adm]This topic is now closed.[/adm]

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum