WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan't Enable Wireless Capability  EmptyCan't Enable Wireless Capability

more_horiz
I cannot enable wireless capability on my Compaq Presario C050 laptop. It was on and working just fine and then all of a sudden when i opened the laptop up it was saying Not Conmected in the bottom right corner and it says No Connections Are Available. When I troubleshoot it says Use The Switch On The Front Or Side Of The Computer, Or Function Keys TO Enable Wireless Capability OnThis Computer. So  Idont have a button on the front or side and i tried function keys fn& f2 and it does nothing and it also says Wireless Capability Is Turned Off  and network adapter is not connected. I also went to networking and sharing to connect and it does nothing. How do I enable  wireless capability ?  PLEASE HELP !! I have been trying for two days now. Let me think

descriptionCan't Enable Wireless Capability  EmptyRe: Can't Enable Wireless Capability

more_horiz
Welcome to GeekPolice @roses4u42,

All laptops have function key for turning on and off wireless connection have you tried this function key?
Have you try uninstalling and installing new version of wireless card driver, you can found the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer website.

............................................................................................

FreeBooter
Can't Enable Wireless Capability  1363

Co-Administrator

descriptionCan't Enable Wireless Capability  EmptyRe: Can't Enable Wireless Capability

more_horiz
Hope you don`t mind the interjection folks  Smile!

@roses4u42

Is it possible that your computer model is Compaq Presario CQ50, if yes, the wireless button on the CQ50 range of notebook is commonly to the immediate right of the power on button, as per page 10 here

descriptionCan't Enable Wireless Capability  EmptyCan't Enable Wireless Capability

more_horiz
FreeBooter wrote:
Welcome to GeekPolice @roses4u42,

All laptops have function key for turning on and off wireless connection have you tried this function key?
Have you try uninstalling and installing new version of wireless card driver, you can found the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer website.  

Hi, thank you so much for your reply and you were right, the capability button was to the right of the power button. I actually got this laptop from a friend of mine who bought a new laptop so I am actually a new user. I noticed that my wireless capability button is broken and when I first noticed the button I thought that it was the power light button being that the button is actually not there. But I was still able to press it and get it on and  working. Thank you so much again for your time.     Sincerely, Rose    Thank You!

more_horiz
Thanks for letting us know this is solved. If you have further issues, please start a new topic!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum