WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWireless Networks window will randomly freeze until restart. EmptyWireless Networks window will randomly freeze until restart.

more_horiz
So my laptop has this weird and extremely rage-inducing habit: routinely, it will disconnect from the net...but the real problem is, sometimes the window for wireless networks will freeze when I try to use it. And it will absolutely not un-freeze without restarting the whole computer. I have tried using task manager to end and restart explorer.exe, but it will just freeze again when I try to bring the networks window back up.

The weirdest part is, it really only does this at school; at home, disconnections rarely if ever result in the freeze. Some days, I can go the whole time at school with just a single freeze at the most; sometimes, like this morning, I'll be restarting 5 or 6 times every hour. Malwarebytes can never find anything, defragging the comp doesn't help...what do I do?

descriptionWireless Networks window will randomly freeze until restart. EmptyRe: Wireless Networks window will randomly freeze until restart.

more_horiz
You will have to run the Speedtest at school.

Here's the site to test your ISP speed.

descriptionWireless Networks window will randomly freeze until restart. EmptyRe: Wireless Networks window will randomly freeze until restart.

more_horiz
13ms Ping, 0.96 Mbps Download, 1.00 mbps upload.

more_horiz
Wow, that network is really slow. I believe that is your problem.

more_horiz
But how would that cause it to freeze? As noted above, I can end explorer.exe and restart it, and the process will work fine only if I don't go to any network related window, because it'll freeze again if I do.It disconnects all the time at home, and rarely if ever freezes like that.

Also, half the time I go to shut down or stand-by, it will say there are updates to install, even if I chose to do that earlier in the day...I thought there were no more updates for XP?

more_horiz
Oh yes, there are still updates. Do they ever download?

more_horiz
Not sure. Half the time it gets stuck on "shutting down..." so the only way to turn off is to hold the power button.

more_horiz
Please download and run MS Fix-it from here.

more_horiz
Done. The only thing with an option to fix was the speakers.

more_horiz
It will repair a number of Windows errors. Click on "Visit our solution center" and click on Windows.

more_horiz
This issue could be cause by buggy network card driver or malfunctioning network card driver.

............................................................................................

FreeBooter
Wireless Networks window will randomly freeze until restart. 1363

Co-Administrator

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum