WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLinux Wont Boot Up- Now Blue Screen Of Death EmptyLinux Wont Boot Up- Now Blue Screen Of Death

more_horiz

I have been trying to boot up linux on my pc with a bottable usb and also from a hard disk it does not matter what linux i try to install whether its Puppy Linux or ubuntu When i boot up in any mode, the screen goes dim for 1 secound then black like the laptop is turned off???

Ive done some google research and what i can find is toshiba basically doesent support linux but could the black screen be releated to something else,others have successfully booted linux with toshiba I got the laptop a few months ago.

And when i tried to boot into windows after trying to get linux to boot after a few hours doing this, I get a blue screen of death for a split secound then the pc turned of, I have now formated the partion to reinstall windows

again, But it seems like the disk has crashed Getting a error message saying "Error TRY: Null or Invaild" Might try to reinstall windows and see what happends (theres not ticking sound and the disk sounds like its processing normally)
Whats the probablem??
Thanks,
Spudster

Laptop Model: L750D Laptop Satelite Series.

PS: Everything was going perfectly fine before i tried ran my bootable linux..

But linux is a handy little system and i do need it as toshiba shouldnt be so locked up hoping to solve these issues anyhow.

descriptionLinux Wont Boot Up- Now Blue Screen Of Death EmptyRe: Linux Wont Boot Up- Now Blue Screen Of Death

more_horiz
this forum is becoming inactive?? Being on FM wouldnt help....

Bump please help

descriptionLinux Wont Boot Up- Now Blue Screen Of Death EmptyRe: Linux Wont Boot Up- Now Blue Screen Of Death

more_horiz
Hello!

Most likely this topic was not replied to, because there is not a knowledgeable tech support staff member in the Linux area that can help (but me). By the time I have made it around to you, I realize this is a late reply.

However, it appears that the video card is having difficulty, and will need replaced as such in order for you to get a proper display (at least 256 colors+).

Also, if you know what the BSOD code was, please post that.

Hope this helps!!

more_horiz
Ok Thanks, Im Currently Facing Bigger issues right now but unsure if i should make a new thread or just rely here which i have decided to opened a new thread i will link to it inside here within a few minutes.

New Link:
http://www.GeekPolice.net/t28716-computer-has-black-screen-no-fan#198510
Thanks

more_horiz
Okay. Topic closed.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum