WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionEND OF WINDOWS XP WITH SERVICE PACK 3 EmptyEND OF WINDOWS XP WITH SERVICE PACK 3

more_horiz
I just found out that support for Windows XP with Service Pack 3 will end in 2014. The memo from Microsoft suggest an immediate upgrade to Windows 7 would fix this problem. In checking online I find that the 2014 date means that Microsoft will no longer send out patches or updates and they indicate computers running Windows XP with Service Pack 3 will then be vulnerable. Doesn't our virus protection, firewall, etc protect us? Will all people and all companies running this program have to switch or risk trouble? I am happy with XP3 and don't really want to migrate to Windows 7. I can imagine in this economy that many small businesses using XP3 will not want to lay out the cash to upgrade their computers. In addition to the computer upgrades I would think that many of the printers, scanners and such may not play well with Windows 7 thereby increasing the cash outlay for a small business owner or an individual such as myself. What is the true risk of doing nothing?

Thanks for all that you do.

descriptionEND OF WINDOWS XP WITH SERVICE PACK 3 EmptyRe: END OF WINDOWS XP WITH SERVICE PACK 3

more_horiz
Many corporations are still using Windows XP SP3 , so do not worry and 2014 you should be upgrading at least to 7 since Windows 8 will be release before then.

I recommend that before you get worried you have almost 2 years to bank some cash for new Equipment. Also run this tool http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor and you might find out you can upgrade easily without new hardware.

I also as you loved Windows XP SP3 though upgraded to 7 , since most software and hardware soon will require Windows 7 as a basic requirement.

MPT

descriptionEND OF WINDOWS XP WITH SERVICE PACK 3 EmptyRe: END OF WINDOWS XP WITH SERVICE PACK 3

more_horiz
Hello MPT:

Thanks for replying.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum