WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDisabling PCI card to use Wireless USB EmptyDisabling PCI card to use Wireless USB

more_horiz
So I recently bought a new computer and it came with a built in Wireless PCI card. The PCI card was horrible so i wanted to switch to using a wireless usb. When i plugged in my wireless usb and disabled my PCI card through device manager, it wont let me connect my wireless card. It detects that i have my wireless usb plugged in but it says it doesnt detect a network connection. Is there something i can do to fix this? Thanks

descriptionDisabling PCI card to use Wireless USB EmptyRe: Disabling PCI card to use Wireless USB

more_horiz
The wireless USB should detect a network. It may have come with a disk to install the software. You may have to use the software that came with the USB wireless adapter.

descriptionDisabling PCI card to use Wireless USB EmptyRe: Disabling PCI card to use Wireless USB

more_horiz
When i plugged the same wireless usb to another computer, its detected right away and it connects right away, therefore i thought it didnt need a software. Anyways I installed the software from the site but it still not showing up. Should i reformat the computer and take out the PCI card? Do you think that will work?

more_horiz
Well, the USB wireless adapter should work. It worked on the other machine. Did that machine have the same Operating System? I'm assuming because it's new, we're talking Windows 7.

You could reformat the computer, but that's a bit drastic.

more_horiz
Yea the other machine was also a window 7. Reformatting is my last option, but i dont know what else to do. I unpluggd the PCI card and tried disabling it through device manager and still have no luck. Can i disable it through the bios?

more_horiz
Probably can't disable it in the BIOS. No need to if you physically removed it.

Does the USB wireless adapter show up in Device Manager? You need to make sure it shows up there properly - meaning no red or yellow error marks. Once it shows up there, it should work.

more_horiz
it showed up and everything but it still wont connect. I had to try another wireless usb and it worked.. thanks...can you recommend me a great wireless usb/mini usb to use for casual gaming/streaming

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum