WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

description  Acer Notebook DVD issues Empty Acer Notebook DVD issues

more_horiz
Just checking in, first time here. Having issues with my Acer lap top DVD device. After downloading and running Windows 7 Assistant, it indicates an icon issue with the DVD unit. It Identified it as a "Slimtype DVD DS8A4SH ATA Device Properties." Description; Windows cannot load the device driver, the driver may be corrupted or missing (Code 39)
Anyone got a solution would appreciate it. Thanks. Thank You!

description  Acer Notebook DVD issues EmptyRe: Acer Notebook DVD issues

more_horiz
Hi, What is the model of your acer laptop? I will try and locate a driver that you can reinstall.

more_horiz
ManixJ wrote:
Hi, What is the model of your acer laptop? I will try and locate a driver that you can reinstall.

Model is Acer "ASPIRE 5517" and Thanks I haven't had much luck finding anything to resolve the problem.

more_horiz
Hi,

Do these to clear corruption and repair/replace damaged/missing system files.
Start - type in Search box - COMMAND find at top of list - RIGHT CLICK - RUN AS ADMIN

sfc /scannow

more_horiz
Thanks ManixJ,

I found the solution this morning. I found "acers trouble-shooter" and ran that program. Three days into seeking out the problem, ran Windows trouble-shooter, negative results, looked up acer, came up short. Google "acer aspire 5517" found model and trouble-shoot ran with it, detected problem, fix and the sun shines again.
I just checked my email and found your response, if the problem continues I will try your solution, and Thanks again, now I need to locate the "Problem solved" on this forum.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum