WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCant install OS on laptop EmptyCant install OS on laptop

more_horiz
I went to format my system and reinstall Vista but now I cant get the OS to install. When it boots up all I get is:

"Install Windows
The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

I have the boot order set to boot from CD/DVD drive first and i've tried different Vista images ive burned and I cant get it passed that.

What can I do??

descriptionCant install OS on laptop EmptyRe: Cant install OS on laptop

more_horiz
Hi becca21669,

If you have a Windows CD, delete the partition and then try installing the OS. If that does not work you will need to find a copy of legit Windows 7 and copy all the data from the dvd to your USB drive and install from there. Hope this helps.

Last edited by INeedHelp on 15th November 2011, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : entered wrong name of topic creater)

more_horiz
Hi Smile...

It's possible the disc image is corrupted. Did you buy this online?

more_horiz
Thanks SOLVED!

I had to burn a new image....the others must have been corrupted and no I didnt but any online.

more_horiz
Glad you solved it. Smile... You're welcome. Smile...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum