WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWinXP lags then BSOD; errors on boot EmptyWinXP lags then BSOD; errors on boot

more_horiz
Hello. I'm new here, found the forum via googling.

I've been having slowdown and BSOD issues on the last few days. The first time it happened was on a previous Windows installation. It was running very sluggish at times, or more accurately, it'd suddenly lag, and sometimes that'd lead to a BSOD. I do not have the minidump from that installation; I'm not really a computer person so I didn't even know minidumps existed before I did some research.

I also formatted my HDD since the computer was working very poorly at the time - this seemed to have fixed it at first but then the booting issues and the BSOD came back the next day.

The lag has been around for a while. It's working as fast as it should but then it'll suddenly get sluggish and laggy when I try to open my browser, or play a video on youtube or MPC, or sometimes during a game (not graphics intensive); and then it goes back to normal. In other words, I get lag spikes. They never culminated in BSODs before last Tuesday, though. Speedfan temperatures look fine during these lag spikes.

I ran memtest and fixed my paging file. I also cleaned the computer inside. Booting is still slow, and computer still lags at times.

Here are my computer specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @2.33GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM
Mobo: Asrock Conroe1333 D667
GPU: GForce GT240 512MB
PSU: Power Cooler Maximum Power Supply (450W, the box says maximum output is 530W)

I already updated all my drivers except for the BIOS.

Here are the error messages I got on boot, which is why I fear the worst:

* NTLDR is missing.
* Disk read error. Press Crtl+Alt+Del to restart.
* Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.
* Primary Master Hard Disk Error. Press F1 to resume.

The HDD is a 500GB western digital that's less than a year old, because my 160GB HDD stopped working last october - this is why I'm wondering if the problem could be the disk or the mobo.

I'll add any other information you need, but I might need a hand on how to acquire said information. Minidump file link at the bottom.

Apologies for the long post, and thanks in advance for the help.

http://cid-8e338cb4584d54ad.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/Mini061011-01.dmp

descriptionWinXP lags then BSOD; errors on boot EmptyRe: WinXP lags then BSOD; errors on boot

more_horiz
Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum