WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHelp with xp prof login plz! EmptyHelp with xp prof login plz!

more_horiz
Ok so one thread ends and then onto another Let me think

My job recently updated all its laptops/systems and yesterday my boss decided to give me one of the old laptops that he was throwing in the skip anyway Hooray!

Its an IBM Thinkpad T60, loaded with xp professional.

The thing is, when xp loads up i have the 'fingerprint' login screen, obviously because my fingerprint isnt on the system i cant login, but there is also another option to Ctrl+Alt+Delete which brings me to the manual login screen.

Username:
Password:
Log on to: ?

Now in the 'Log on to' box there is a list of the various divisions of the company, i obviously need to choose one and enter my username and password, but i have none lol.

Iv tried a fresh install of xp by loading changing the order of my bios to boot the cd first, only thing is after the initial setup scans the laptop it tells me there is no hdd?

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer.

Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that and disk related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup programme.

Heres my bias boot order too;

1. Atapi CD0: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4083N-(PM)
2. ATA HDD0: Fujitsu MHW2080BH PL-(S1)
3. USB FDD:
4: USB CD:
5: PCI-LAN: IBA GE Slot 0200 v1231
6. -USB HDD
7. ATA HDD1

Im not too sure what to do next, it seems an awful waste to break it for parts or throw it out, especially when i have a little girl here that wants daddy to buy her a laptop Bring it on

Any suggestions il be more then grateful!

Cheers people!

descriptionHelp with xp prof login plz! EmptyRe: Help with xp prof login plz!

more_horiz
Hi there,

I think the problem is with the drivers for you Hard drive. Follow this article http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/resolving-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation/
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum