WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLose of hard drive space and running slow EmptyLose of hard drive space and running slow

more_horiz
Dec 09 my grandson used my computer to go onto FaceBook and picked up a virus even though I was running CA Suite system. My granddaughter ‘cleaned the virus’ and replaced my virus protection with AVAST

The computer started running slower and slower about six months after repair. At that time I changed from dial up to ATT broadband internet connection but I now experience slower ‘linking’ sometimes no linking.

The computer “C” drive shows little room left so I reviewed through everything, I can’t see why so much space is taken up. I moved some of my space grabbing data to my “D” drive (pictures and a large file) in hopes to make additional room on the “C.” I do not know how to look for malware or spyware and think that may be my problem.

Hope you can help me!
Thanks,
Mel Wyatt

descriptionLose of hard drive space and running slow EmptyRe: Lose of hard drive space and running slow

more_horiz
Welcome to GeekPolice!

It's possible you have an infection or System Restore points are building up space. Try running disk cleanup from Start--All Programs--Accessories---System Tools--Disk Cleanup then select the More Options tab and click Clean up... Smile... I also recommend getting your pc checked. Smile...

Please read here and post here to begin the removal process.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum