WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSafari, Internet Explorer hacked first at Pwn2Own EmptySafari, Internet Explorer hacked first at Pwn2Own

more_horiz
Apple’s Safari and Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE) both fell to the first hackers who tried their luck on the browsers at Wednesday’s opening day of Pwn2Own.

The hacking challenge kicked off at 3:30 p.m. PT, slightly later than scheduled, at the CanSecWest security conference, which runs March 9-11 in Vancouver, British Columbia.

A team from the French security company Vupen walked off with $15,000 and a new MacBook Air after exploiting an unpatched vulnerability in Safari.

Earlier Wednesday, Apple updated Safarito version 5.0.4, fixing 62 vulnerabilities. But Vupen was still able to break the browser.

More: http://www.macworld.com/article/158466/

............................................................................................

descriptionSafari, Internet Explorer hacked first at Pwn2Own EmptyRe: Safari, Internet Explorer hacked first at Pwn2Own

more_horiz
Also, video interview with the guy who made this possible.

https://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/pwn2own-winner-stephen-fewer-031011

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Safari, Internet Explorer hacked first at Pwn2Own DXwU4
Safari, Internet Explorer hacked first at Pwn2Own VvYDg

descriptionSafari, Internet Explorer hacked first at Pwn2Own EmptyRe: Safari, Internet Explorer hacked first at Pwn2Own

more_horiz
Vupen's site has been overflown with traffic. They are growing fast.

more_horiz
They hack Safari get a computer with Safari. <_< Nice cash reward though. Big Grin

more_horiz
Ehh...I would have wanted more. $15,000 is not that great. But, it's better than nothing.

more_horiz
Well, considering the economy that's decent I think for average citizens.

more_horiz
Yeah, but they're a company. That's nothing to sneeze at in a company. What would that do? Pay a bonus? Sheesh. Lol

more_horiz
Sounds like a donut after 10 years of faithful service.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum