WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionError message when computer boots....... EmptyError message when computer boots.......

more_horiz
Hi, I just recently started getting an error message when my computer boots. It's "RUNDLL" and the message is:
Error loading C:\WINDOWS\mswmvcrt.dll
The specified module could not be found.

I bypass it so it hasn't caused any real problems yet but I wanted to inquire before it does. Thanks!

descriptionError message when computer boots....... EmptyRe: Error message when computer boots.......

more_horiz
Sounds like malware to me. 😉

Please visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

descriptionError message when computer boots....... EmptyRe: Error message when computer boots.......

more_horiz
Since I posted, I went into my Start program and saw that there was a check next to a similar name, where it hadn't been before. I unchecked it and it hasn't been a problem since then.. If it happens again, I'll definitely come back to refer to this solution. Thanks so much for replying!

more_horiz
ok

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum