WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBios error 105 unsupported wireless card. EmptyBios error 105 unsupported wireless card.

more_horiz
I really need help on my dv2910us, it keeps popping up 105 error unsupported wireless card when the wireless card was 1 not even there (I removed it) and 2 I didn't do anything to damage the system! Can someone please help?

............................................................................................

AHHHHH MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
Albert Einstein
Bios error 105 unsupported wireless card. D2825B02D239FAD1D8D6299084862DCF

descriptionBios error 105 unsupported wireless card. EmptyRe: Bios error 105 unsupported wireless card.

more_horiz
Wow, Anyone here? Bump

............................................................................................

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
Albert Einstein

descriptionBios error 105 unsupported wireless card. EmptyRe: Bios error 105 unsupported wireless card.

more_horiz
Looks like the guys at HP support forums couldn't help you.

Let's take a look here...sounds like a BIOS infection or you may just need to flash your BIOS...but let's start with this...

Download the OTLPE Standard REATOGO Windows Recovery Environment.
  • Place a blank CD-R disc in to your CD burning drive.
  • Download OTLPEStd.exe and double-click on it to burn to a CD using ISO Burner.
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.

Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start. Change the following settings
    • Change Drivers to Non-Microsoft
    • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
    • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\_OTL\MovedFiles
    • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
    • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

more_horiz
I have 2 forums in the hp section. 1 that is closed ( No one could help me) and the other that is currently active. I also posted in the geekstogo forum, (No one could help me either).

Back to the point, I can't boot from CD or hard drive.

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
Most errors during POST have to do with improperly configured operating systems, there is a short in the electrical/system board, or NTLDR is corrupted.

Need more information before I make the correct recommendation...

1. Can you enter the BIOS?

2. Has the BIOS ever been upgraded?

3. By can't boot from CD or hard drive, do you mean this error is preventing you from continuing with either one?

4. Have you thought about getting the CMOS battery replaced? POST error code 105 is a CMOS error.

5. Have you heard any beeps coming from the system? Are they in a specific pattern? How many beeps?

6. Has the computer been subject to a virus/malware infection over the past six months? Have new Microsoft Updates been installed after the malware was removed? Any messages in the operating system before this event occurred?

POST error 105 have to do with the CMOS, which error codes 100-199 are system board codes. So, it has to do with your motherboard, at the very least. Why it is throwing out "unsupported wireless card" is beyond me, but it depends if the network card acquired the date automatically and cannot acquire it because the CMOS battery could be dead.

So, answer those questions real quick. It'll help me find the best solution, so you don't have to waste money/time.

I think the CMOS battery will have to be replaced first, which isn't that bad of a task.

more_horiz
1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes the error was blocking me from booting.

4. I don't think it could be because when I remove the battery all the settings were reset.

5. No, I don't hear any beeps other than the one's i make by hitting the wrong keys.

6. I think so, but I removed it and I also updated the systems pretty recently

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
Right. Removing the battery resets the settings. If the battery gets changed to a new one, it should help the system store the settings.

If the system keeps resetting its settings, it won't configure the network card correctly.

Do you have WiFi Catcher turned on? It is usually in the BIOS, but not everyone can access their network card settings. Let me know if you see that.

Also, I need to know what your make and model is for your notebook so I can see how the jumpers work on your board.

more_horiz
What is a wifi-catcher? I also dissbled network boot. And the make and model of my laptop is dv2910us and in the dv2000 series.

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
What's your current boot process?

You should have hard drive first, and it should make the computer boot from the hard drive.

more_horiz
It is. Also I really appreciate your help! Smile...

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
The best idea at this point is to update the BIOS or replace CMOS battery. For the BIOS...well if the network card is unplugged and still does not boot, we would be stuck there.

Let me know what you want to do...

more_horiz
How would I replace my battery as it isn't just a normal button cell battery. It has 2 leads that connect to it. Also, how would I flash the bios?

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
After asking a couple of buddies, they said the actual ports at the plug in of the network card are probably corrupted. Those cards that are directly connected to the board are subject to high amounts of heat, especially if the system is running heavy.

While it may be okay to occasionally run that laptop heavily, it is not good for it. Because the laptop is a low cost model, it can only be used for light tasks. Save heavier tasks for computers that can handle it.

The best idea is to do one of two things...

A. Get the motherboard tested. You may have had a few different issues appear...because it cannot boot past even the network card being disabled, it tells me there is a short. The system will fail to boot, because the code given (105) is a stop code. So, if the board is tested, you will definitely see if the board is causing the trouble...

or B. the network card just needs replaced.

Right now, instead of trying to fix it yourself, you need someone on higher support levels, aka technician to take a look for you and test the board. You can keep going and keep trying to troubleshoot, but without that network card working correctly, your computer will fail to boot.

Or if you want to go my kind of route, I would suggest replacing the motherboard, because almost always now, onboard devices fail, and the motherboard does as well. So, when any peripheral fails, it shorts the whole board, making it best to just replace it. Old computers have daughter boards where devices would run, so if they failed, it didn't mess up the whole mobo. But, this is a level 3 failure, which means that when one onboard device fails, you should assume the mobo is failed too.

However, if you want to do a couple of cheap solutions first, it's best to do one of two...

A. Replace network card
B. Get your own testing tool kit: http://www.pc-diagnostics.com/pc_diagnostics_tools/pc_diagnostics_pro_kit.shtml
C. Get the mobo/network card tested at local repair shop (recommended!!).

There is more that we can do here, but you need several tools, which also cost.

more_horiz
What is the diffrence between a wireless and a broadband card? When i switched to a new wifi card it said 104- unsupported wirless device. When i switched back to teh old one it says 105- Unsupported broadband device. Also when I remove the card completely it says the same thing?

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
Bump

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
Bump what? You need to make a decision.

Either take it to a local repair shop and have them look at it, or phone HP Support and see what happened to that board. Obviously if this problem has occurred more than once (per my research, it has happened to that same motherboard all across the web), then they would know what the issue is.

You're not going to get anywhere trying to fix the problem for free. It is a catastrophic system failure, and if you don't find out what happened to your mobo, your system will continue to not work.

more_horiz
I have an idea. Bios reflash?

Albert Einstein

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum