WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAccess denied and I need to back up these files What do I do? EmptyAccess denied and I need to back up these files What do I do?

more_horiz
HI there
You may remember my previous problem with a hard drive. Had a HDD WD scorpio not want to boot windows XP. I removed it and re connected it and still no booting. Booted with windows Xp CD and I get "...system did not find any hard disc drives installed..."

Make story short connected WD HDD to my desk top. Reads it fine..

I want to back up my files but some folders give me a "...Cannot create or replace folder access is denied. Make sure disk is not full or write protected and that the files not currently in use..."

I want to reformat my Hdd but before I do How can i get access to these files so i can back them up?
please help

thanks

descriptionAccess denied and I need to back up these files What do I do? EmptyRe: Access denied and I need to back up these files What do I do?

more_horiz
You've to give yourself full permission of the file.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/security/permissions.mspx

............................................................................................

Previously 'Ranjan'.

Access denied and I need to back up these files What do I do? Gpa-st13

Safety and Peace upon you.

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted!

descriptionAccess denied and I need to back up these files What do I do? EmptyRe: Access denied and I need to back up these files What do I do?

more_horiz
Thanks
got it Right On!

more_horiz
Your welcome. Smile...

............................................................................................

Previously 'Ranjan'.

Access denied and I need to back up these files What do I do? Gpa-st13

Safety and Peace upon you.

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum