WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionLocal Drive (Q:) - Access Denied EmptyLocal Drive (Q:) - Access Denied

more_horiz
I recently had Vista, and a virus, then got rid of both and installed Windows 7. I have a portable hard drive which I used to save some files from the Vista OS version of my computer, and some of which are back on my computer now with Win 7. This was all within the last week and a half. Shortly after installing Win 7 (a day or two) I ended up with 2 new folders in my portable hard drive...

Now, when I had the virus, it would randomly delete files, and my portable hard drive took a hit, losing some folders and software files. I suspect these new folders are just a result of the virus poking holes in it's files, but I really have no idea so I wanted to ask. When the folders in question (shown below) appeared, I clicked to open them and it said something about me not having permission to open them, but somehow it let me anyways, and when I did open them they were both empty. I just opened them again now and they each have 4 .dll files inside. As you can see in the image, the icon for them both is a folder with a padlock on it.
Local Drive (Q:) - Access Denied Newfolders
And now, today, I opened up My Computer and suddenly there's a new hard drive called Local Disk (Q:) which gives me an "Access Denied" message when I try to open it in any way. When I click it, no information shows at the bottom, and when I right click > Properties, it says Free Space: 0 bytes | Total Space: 0 bytes.
Local Drive (Q:) - Access Denied LocalDiskQ
I'm just worried this has something to do with that virus again, none of this is making any sense to me. In case it helps, here's a link to the other thread I made about the virus.

descriptionLocal Drive (Q:) - Access Denied EmptyRe: Local Drive (Q:) - Access Denied

more_horiz
Hello,

I assume you have Office 2010 installed. By some reason Office 2010 creates this Q drive. There is the full story http://www.osnews.com/story/22449

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Local Drive (Q:) - Access Denied Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum