WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionTotally Lost EmptyTotally Lost

more_horiz
I'm not even sure where to start with this issue. I guess my first noticeable issue was AV8Scan. When ever I got that message I just shut down the browser, waited a while and re-opened my browser. It generally created no issue other than occasionally popping up. I decided I would try to remove it from my system. Mistake #1 so far. I downloaded "Spyware Doctor" and from that point on my desktop has turned into mush. There are many files/programs I can no longer enter I get an error message "File System Error (-1073741819)" I cannot get into the control panel unless I use Explorer and most of the icons will give me that error message. My internet is slow beyond belief. I think dial-up might be faster. I have tried a couple of different ways to delete the Spyware Doctor program but with no luck. I did try to re-install windows but only succeeded in installing a second Windows. I was hoping to reinstall Windows over the original Windows in hopes that it would fix any corrupted files.

My operating system is Windows Vista (SP1)

Any guidance would be most appreciated. I attempted to download Hijack so I could get a log of the mess but that is a no go ??????

descriptionTotally Lost EmptyRe: Totally Lost

more_horiz
Sounds pretty bad. It sounds like you have a virus of some sort... If you can attempt to install HiJackThis and send a log here, I could read it and see what's wrong, or someone else can read it as well since I am not an official tech here.

............................................................................................

AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban Black Edition 3.2Ghz
Gigabyte Motherboard
4 GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5830

more_horiz
Welcome! Glad to have you here. Hooray!
Please read here
Then post in the malware forum here
One of the awesome techs will help you as soon as they can!

............................................................................................

If we have helped you, Please consider helping us,  make a donation.

Helping fight malware. Totally Lost Sac

more_horiz
illuminati wrote:
Sounds pretty bad. It sounds like you have a virus of some sort... If you can attempt to install HiJackThis and send a log here, I could read it and see what's wrong, or someone else can read it as well since I am not an official tech here.
I attempted to do that but I cannot run HiJack ???? Just so you'll know I did re-post this question in the correct forum.

http://www.GeekPolice.net/t25720-av8scan-spyware-doctor#173814

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum