WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionVista Home Premium corrupt ntoskrnl.exe EmptyVista Home Premium corrupt ntoskrnl.exe

more_horiz
HP laptop running M/S Vista Home Premium with no problems until it failed to start today. Diagnostic reports only error is corrupt ntoskrnl.exe file. I have not installed any new programs or hardware within the past 6 weeks. I have VMware installed running XP Mode. This was running great weeks ago when last utilized. I have not run VMware or XP in past month. This laptop did not come with installation cd's nor do I have access to these or even know anyone else running Vista. This laptop is out of warrenty and per HP, the only option suggested is to restore it to original factory settings which would loose all data and installed programs. M/S suggestion is much the same. I am very computer savvy, this laptop does not have a virus or malware, full system scan with Norton 360, registry recently cleaned and up to date .. no other users but me.

descriptionVista Home Premium corrupt ntoskrnl.exe EmptyRe: Vista Home Premium corrupt ntoskrnl.exe

more_horiz
Hi and welcome to GeekPolice.net!

I need your Windows Vista DVD for this repair. I'm able to help you only if you have the disc.

If you don't have it, i'll have to use alternative way which is much painfull.

............................................................................................

Vista Home Premium corrupt ntoskrnl.exe V45u80

descriptionVista Home Premium corrupt ntoskrnl.exe EmptyRe: Vista Home Premium corrupt ntoskrnl.exe

more_horiz
Hello,

ntoskrnl.exe is the Windows Kernel which maybe not be the issue. You might wanna try Startup Repair get the Recovery disk from here http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/141820-create-recovery-disc.html then use this Tutorial to run a Startup Repair http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91467-startup-repair.html

Hope this helps,
Captain

............................................................................................

Regards,
Captain MVP
Vista Home Premium corrupt ntoskrnl.exe Gp_use10

It is considered
courteous to  post a reply if you have been able to resolve your problem, or received  an answer to your question.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum