WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionBSOD issue # 0x0000007b windows XP EmptyBSOD issue # 0x0000007b windows XP

more_horiz
a friend of mine from home messaged me with this BSOD error message.. is there an easy fix for this issue? the information that is provided in the link which links it to microsoft sounds very difficult to explain to someone that dont know anything about computers. and i was quit lost on how to help him with this one..this be my 1st dealing with this error message. anyway around to fixin this issue?

descriptionBSOD issue # 0x0000007b windows XP EmptyRe: BSOD issue # 0x0000007b windows XP

more_horiz
Do you have a dump file we can see?

That link you have posted is not completely trustworthy, so I am not clicking on it.

descriptionBSOD issue # 0x0000007b windows XP EmptyRe: BSOD issue # 0x0000007b windows XP

more_horiz
no i dont. its my friends computer and hes a long trip away from me that i can only do at least 1 every other month..that link about goes to this site.

the one guy put this on there that links it directly to microsoft.

XpUser August 21, 2008 at 22:22:28 Pacific

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

The above article tells you how to troubleshoot this problem. The cause for this BSOD (Blue screen of death) is due to either (1) Boot-Sector Viruses, (2) Device Driver Issues, (3) Hardware Issues, or (4) Other Issues.

more_horiz
Have you done any of the following:

• chkdsk /r
  • rebuildbcd
  • System File Checker

more_horiz
Hello,

There are lot of reason why your having BSOD. Without the Dump files it's hard to predict with just the stop codes. See if you can get the Dump files.
If the System is not booting at all .

Start with Hardware Diagnostic follow this link http://captaindebugger.wordpress.com/hardware-diagnostic/ and run all the Diagnostic.

Hope this helps,
Captain

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum