WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionTrying to solve the WEP only problem of nintendo ds/i/l EmptyTrying to solve the WEP only problem of nintendo ds/i/l

more_horiz
I didn't buy nintendo's own wifi usb thing (cuz lets face it. it's freaking expensive.) and I really don't want to resort to doing so. I recently bought a wireless usb adapter that claimed it can connect to nintendo ds/wii/etc. However, not only do I have problems setting it up, but I also cannot figure out how to even get it to work. It's something from Ralink (who?) and has the words "802.11b/g" and "54Mbps Wireless USB Adapter." I bought it secondhand and the seller was nice enough to print out some instructions as follows:

"First of all, please make sure that you run Setup.exe file in "wireless NIC\usb\windows" folder (which didn't exist but I wounded up finding a windows folder in a really obscure place).

During the setup process, there is page to select configuration tool, please select "ralink configuration tool." (Never showed up during setup).

After the driver and the program is installed, right click the Ralink tray icon which is locaed right bottom corner (okay I found that one).

and then select "Switch to AP Mode" (okay this is where I failed. When I tried this, it gave me the ICS thing, but later I got a message saying that the ICS failed, and no matter what I do, it gives me the same message.)

When the "internet Connection Sharing with SoftAP" window opens, please select your internet connection in the name field to your internet connection, default "Local Are Connection." (not only do I NOT know what this means, but no window ever showed up)

Click on "enable ICS" and wait for the program to load all the information in for you. (Yea.....failed)

The wireless internet connection should show up on your devices as "SoftAP##" (not only did it not say that in my DSi, but it was still a WPA connection, meaning I can't connect to the stupid shit anyways)

Your initial setup is done for basic functionality. (WRONG)"

Well now I'm lost, and I'm about ready to give up and dish out $30-$50 for that stupid nintendo wifi usb connector. I really need help on setup/configuring etc. I sent an email to the company first, but I don't think I'll be getting a reply anytime soon. Does anyone know how to help or maybe have a couple of other solutions?
Sad tearing

descriptionTrying to solve the WEP only problem of nintendo ds/i/l EmptyRe: Trying to solve the WEP only problem of nintendo ds/i/l

more_horiz
Hello! I have reported to our fantastic Tech Staff that you need help.

Someone shall be with you shortly.

descriptionTrying to solve the WEP only problem of nintendo ds/i/l EmptyRe: Trying to solve the WEP only problem of nintendo ds/i/l

more_horiz
I'm in a similar situation, just wondering if you got this working and if so, how?

> As an aside I was able to get through all the steps posted, just no clue what to do now, mine came with no instructions what so ever.

>> I was able to get it working, just had to set the info on the DS manually, all of which was available with the program it came with.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum