I'm not exactly sure where to post this...I have a Sony VAIO FZ VGN290 running on Windows Vista home premium.

First, there's the issue with the screen that's all discolored, but I assume that's physical damage (from what I don't know, I baby my laptop, it was not cheap) and I plan on replacing the screen for it...given the following issues are fixed.

Second, the video driver sometimes stops working and used to repair itself, but not it just goes blank after about half an hour of using my laptop and then it restarts.

Third, when it does restart, the screen is all messed up and Windows doesn't load, so then it gives me the option of repair or trying to start it. I tried the repair and it said nothing could be done, and then when I press try loading it normally, it just restarts because it can't load windows.

Fourth, I've backed up all my files and tried to reformat the whole laptop but since Sony didn't give me a recovery disc I only have a Windows 7 32bit cd that I can upgrade it to. Now I haven't gone through with this because I managed to download the windows advisor and it says my NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT won't work if I do it and I can't find anything online that will fix it (NVIDIA driver update doesn't support Sony Vaio - http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-257.21-whql-driver.html - under Supported Products tab, tells me to go to the driver page for Sony, but nothing there says I can download something to make the graphics card work, it would be a shame to have to use the standard one when I have that one)

Any suggestions on what to do? Or is it gone for good? Honestly, this laptop was expensive and I don't want to get rid of it...Any help would be great, thank you!