WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNew Updates for Windows EmptyNew Updates for Windows

more_horiz
it has been two months that my computer detects some updates for Windows Vista and Mic office, but when i update it, i receive a messege that a problem occured during the download or sth lik that.

and when i shut my computer down, it shows some progress of the updating it means that my computer is uptodated, but if i turn my computer on i see again those updates and if i shut down my computer then again it shows some progress.

can anyone please help me.

Thanks in advance

descriptionNew Updates for Windows EmptyRe: New Updates for Windows

more_horiz
Hi

Please visit the links HERE and HERE first to read about this new Microsoft tool!

Then you can download and use: New Updates for Windows Logo_FixIt_Final Microsoft Fix it Center Online
Microsoft Fix it Center Client contains troubleshooters that help detect issues on target PCs and solve them on demand or proactively before you even know they exist!
It finds and fixes many common PC and device problems automatically. It also helps prevent new problems by proactively checking for known issues and installing updates. Fix it Center helps to consolidate the many steps of diagnosing and repairing a problem into an automated tool that does the work for you.

Microsoft Fix it Center makes getting support easier than ever, with tools that help solve the issues you have now and prevent new ones.

• Easy to Install and Run: Easy-to-use wizards will guide you through the set-up process and help you anytime you need support.

• Automated: With automated troubleshooters, Fix it Center helps solve issues with your PC, even if you're not sure what the exact problem is. Fix It Center scans your device to diagnose and repair problems, then gives you the option to "Find and fix" or to "Find and report.

• Preventive Care: By helping you find and fix issues before they become real problems, Fix it Center helps keep your PC running smoothly and automatically downloading the latest solutions.

Let me know after you had run all the troubleshooters on your pc if it corrected your problem.

more_horiz
i have followed your instruction and downloaded the software and run it as well.

But still when i shut my computer down i receive the some update information and it takes too long for updating and when i turn my computer on i receive some update information and when i run the update it says some failure are occured during the update ( Failure Code: 646).

Once it works and once it doesnt i dont know how to handel with this problem

more_horiz
There's a problem with Visa on this Update:

http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1088315.htm

If you look at Post 15. The member said:

hey guys i just had this problem and its actually a simply thing try this go to start then to ur pic then turn user account on or off turn it off by unchecking the box after the pop up and it will then update its as simple as that i went through a tech and this was all that needed to be done did it on all 3 of my vista comp good luck i finally have mine updated all 5

more_horiz
The odd thing is. The threads that were posted there. Was in last year at this time.

more_horiz
I found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Support for Windows Vista without any service packs installed ended on April 13, 2010. To continue receiving security updates for Windows, make sure you're running Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (SP2). For more information, refer to this Microsoft web page: Support is ending for some versions of Windows (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/end-support-windows-xp-sp2-windows-vista-without-service-packs)

more_horiz
thanks for the kind information.

my all new updates were from office 2007 and i have update the manually.

and now my coputer doesnt detect any update.

But your last reply was about windows vista pack 2.

what does it mean shoud i update my windows to pack 2 oder sth else

more_horiz
and by the way i checked my windows and it is Windows vista with pack 2.

it means i can recieve support until july this year

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum