WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWhat is IPCONFIG? cable internet modem - pc troubleshooting EmptyWhat is IPCONFIG? cable internet modem - pc troubleshooting

more_horiz
My friend and I are troubleshooting our internet connection with a guy from the cable company whose from that company's internet repair dept? He told us to connect our pc(it's Window xp) directly to the modem via ethrnet cable and unplug the power from the modem. After a few minute, he told us to plug it back and later the light stop blinking on the modem and they were steady. He told us that we can turn our pc on. And, try to open to websites. The browser didn't display the page from that site just like before we call the guy from the internet repair. He told us that the modem is ok. since, its a Ambit modem sync and ready is steady. He told us to use run then type in "cmd". On the command, I type in "ipconfig". and, it show to mdeia status : disconnected and on the second paragraph ,watsoever, under local area connection our ip address is 192.168.... I forgot the other numbers. What does ipconfig do? The guy from cable company said that it's not a valid ip address because it's not from the network and our modem is working. and, told my friend to contact his pc manufacturer. what should we do now? we assemble this pc, it's AMD x2 1.9GHz, we still have all the driver and widows cd. Can't Believe It

descriptionWhat is IPCONFIG? cable internet modem - pc troubleshooting EmptyRe: What is IPCONFIG? cable internet modem - pc troubleshooting

more_horiz
IpConfig is command for Command Prompt which show user what is IP Address of computer.

Lets try with this, just follow next steps:

• Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog
  • Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log
  • Restart your PC.
If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

• Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
  • Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.
See if you can connect now.

............................................................................................

What is IPCONFIG? cable internet modem - pc troubleshooting V45u80

descriptionWhat is IPCONFIG? cable internet modem - pc troubleshooting EmptyRe: What is IPCONFIG? cable internet modem - pc troubleshooting

more_horiz
Thank you for the reply!? What does it do(netsh winsock reset catalog)? We ended up reinstalling (clean win xp install) afterall because we still cant connect to the internet. The reinstall did solve our problem, and we talked to the cable company again and this time we were successful. I think our NIC is pretty mess up before the reinstall. What are simple ways to know that my PC internet connection stuffs is mess up (there no connection to the modem )? The guy from cable instructed us type this in during troubleshooting run>cmd>netstat -an he said something about spyware which I dont understand since we have a antivirus installed. My Buddy

more_horiz
Hi, that command will reset some of your internet protocol, ports and clients, also, will back them to default position.

I don't think problem was because of spyware, you just needed this WinSockFix.. ;)

............................................................................................

What is IPCONFIG? cable internet modem - pc troubleshooting V45u80

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum