WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows XP loading incredibly slowly EmptyWindows XP loading incredibly slowly

more_horiz
Hi, my computer has been having problems all of a sudden. When I open up windows, everything loads extremely slowly, the internet doesn't connect, the windows classic theme was applied and most devices won't even work at all including sounds.

I'm quite a computer newbie but I've googled some solutions and I sort of fixed it though only temporarily. I went to the start menu, Run > msconfig and I ticked the reboot on safe mode option.

After restarting, Avast anti-virus started to work again and I picked the boot-scan thing where Avast would run a scan prior to windows fully loading. Once the scan had finished, everything appeared as it was prior to all these problems occuring.

Problem is, the full scan takes at least half an hour and unless I follow these procedures all over again, the computer still has these problems every time I open it.

I've also got a problem with the internet randomly redirecting me. Perhaps this problem stems from that?

Any help would be appreciated.

descriptionWindows XP loading incredibly slowly EmptyRe: Windows XP loading incredibly slowly

more_horiz
Sounds like spyware or a virus buddy , go to the spyware\virus section of the forums!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum