WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHelp! Can't execute ANYTHING on laptop! EmptyHelp! Can't execute ANYTHING on laptop!

more_horiz
I could really use some help.

My wifes laptop began getting attacked a few days ago. We got "security warnings" popping up that such-and-such program cannot be executed. I can't get into anything, including word documents...AND INTERNET!

Alot of the things I have read have suggested downloading this or that, but without internet, how can I download anything that could get rid of these viruses?

I am computer savvy, but do not know much about viruses, adware, spyware, etc. A solution for this problem would be greatly appreciated!

descriptionHelp! Can't execute ANYTHING on laptop! EmptyRe: Help! Can't execute ANYTHING on laptop!

more_horiz
Please download exeHelper from one of the two links.
Link 1
Link 2

• Double-click on exeHelper.com or exeHelper.scr to run the fix.
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)
Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Help! Can't execute ANYTHING on laptop! DXwU4
Help! Can't execute ANYTHING on laptop! VvYDg

descriptionHelp! Can't execute ANYTHING on laptop! EmptyRe: Help! Can't execute ANYTHING on laptop!

more_horiz
I saw that solution in a similar post. However, it tells me that the link has to be opened in an application, and asks me to choose one. However, none are available to choose from.

What can I do from this point on?

more_horiz
Hello.

Please download exeHelper from one of the two links.
Link 1
Link 2

• Double-click on exeHelper.com or exeHelper.scr to run the fix.
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)
Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

Try OTL again now.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Help! Can't execute ANYTHING on laptop! DXwU4
Help! Can't execute ANYTHING on laptop! VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum