WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionConsidering upgrading from a 32 to 64 bit processor EmptyConsidering upgrading from a 32 to 64 bit processor

more_horiz
I have a Compaq Presario 6016US, running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack3.
I bought a Honestech VHS to DVD 4.0 Deluxe program which does not work on my computer because I failed to realize my computer did not have a 64 bit processor.

So, I am wondering how hard is it to update a processor. I have researched on YouTube and watched some videos on how to upgrade a processor and feel I could probably do it myself. But I would like some professional advice.

Another question that came up while doing my research pertains to the motherboard. If I do upgrade the processor will the motherboard recognize it? I have no idea how to tell if the motherboard will be compatible with a processor upgrade.

I also have a MacBookPro laptop and would love to be able to find a program that would convert my VHS tapes to DVD. The only one I could find was a Roxio program that has mixed reviews.

So I would appreciate any help with either the processor upgrade for my Compaq or a suggestion for converting VHS tapes to DVD on either the Compaq or the Mac.

TYIA

descriptionConsidering upgrading from a 32 to 64 bit processor EmptyRe: Considering upgrading from a 32 to 64 bit processor

more_horiz
64 is great though there are really no main stream apps that use Pure 64 Bits as of yet , upgrading you will need new cpu , ram , motherboard and possibly a new video card. Try for Quad Core and check out newegg.com!

Good Luck

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

descriptionConsidering upgrading from a 32 to 64 bit processor EmptyRe: Considering upgrading from a 32 to 64 bit processor

more_horiz
Thanks for your reply, MiKey.

From your reply I am realizing upgrading a processor involves additional upgrading on other components. I will check out Quad Core.

Thanks again

more_horiz
Yes that is correct , you need a motherboard which is able to handle a Quad Core Chip and usually means new ram and video card also! Anytime that is what we are here for!

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum