WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUSB Mouse and Keyboard not working in windows? EmptyUSB Mouse and Keyboard not working in windows?

more_horiz
Hello everyone, I came across this forum and decided to try my question here.

Before all this trouble I was having troubles with my dvd burner and came across a fix for my problems, or so I thought, using regedit, these were the instructions
In the Open box, type Regedit, and then click OK.
Click the plus sign (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Click the plus sign (+) next to SYSTEM.
Click the plus sign (+) next to CurrentControlSet.
Click the plus sign (+) next to Control.
Click the plus sign (+) next to Class.
Click {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
On the right hand side of the window, click UpperFilters.
Click Edit on the menu bar.
Click Delete, and then click OK.
On the right-hand side of the window, click LowerFilters.
Click Edit on the menu bar.
Click Delete, and then click OK.
Click File, and then click Exit.
Restart the computer normally.

To my surprise there were about 15 different "4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318" in there so I went to all the Upper filters and deleted them (I don't remember the names, there were 3 upper and 3 lower)
I restarted the computer and now here I am with this dilema.

I tried last known good configuration, and I even tried to put my Windows XP Sp2 disk but dvd drive cannot work. Windows starting normaly but mouse and keyboard have no function at all. Even tried three different mouses and nothing change. Can anyone help please.

descriptionUSB Mouse and Keyboard not working in windows? EmptyRe: USB Mouse and Keyboard not working in windows?

more_horiz
Hello,

Have you tried using different USB/PS2 ports? When you insert your XP disk, did you perform a repair?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

USB Mouse and Keyboard not working in windows? Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionUSB Mouse and Keyboard not working in windows? EmptyRe: USB Mouse and Keyboard not working in windows?

more_horiz
It Might have been that, This was Caused by you deleting different files. Not the Specific ones.

Try What Inferno Says

~Acid

more_horiz
Hi Inferno,

I tried but unfortunately nothing work. Computer starts normally and looks nothing wrong, however, mouse and keyboard looks dead. I have probably deleted some registry entries.
Cannot make REPAIR because when oplace Windows XP disk cimputer doesn's see it.
As I said in open topic problem starts with DVD Burnner, then I dollowed Microsoft instructions and make mistake.
Looks like problem is regisrty for those entries - DVD Burrner (not even open when push button, only by focing), mouse and keyboard.
Any solution wihtout buyinf another keyboard or mouse?

more_horiz
Doesn't see it or Doesn't Recognize it.

By The Way Do you Need DVD Burner?

~Acid

more_horiz
Doesn't see it. DVD burner is OK, looks that stackup with registry.

more_horiz
You've Possibly Messed up Your Registry Files
Can you remember which ones you Deleted?

~Acid

more_horiz
Dr Acid, if you read my openning post you'll se whic files I deleted "about 15 different "4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318" in there so I went to all the Upper filters and deleted them (I don't remember the names, there were 3 upper and 3 lower"

more_horiz
Try a System Restore Point!

~Acid

more_horiz
Acid,

How can make RESTORE when keyboard and mouse doesn't work?

more_horiz
Hmm Are you on another Computer?

more_horiz
Yes I am on laptop.

more_horiz
So You are on a Laptop.. and the Mouse and Keyboard got corrupted on Which? Computer or Laptop?

~Acid

............................................................................................

Be The Best!

NotGoodSig
USB Mouse and Keyboard not working in windows? 33trwvt
~[Filtered]~

more_horiz
Acid,

I writting you from Laptop and problem is with PC, Windows XP Pro Sp2. I think is the best way to have another mouse and keyboard and make SYSTEM RESTORE to the earlier date or even reinstal Windows XP with option REPAIR.
What you think about?

more_horiz
~REMOVED~ We do not suggest people to buy operating systems.

Be The Best!

NotGoodSig
~[Filtered]~

more_horiz
Dr Acid,

I have tried with keyboard and mouse from another computer but my comp couldn't see it. Well, I think problem start from Nero Burning Rom then spread to Burning Driver and finally thanks to my negligence I deleted entries from Registry which cause all problem. Situation is so absurd - computer starting, come up with Desktop and mouse and keyboard doesn't working.
Looks like problem is with hardware and will take that way.

more_horiz
Supply more information, please, by doing the following:

Download WhoCrashed from here
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.
Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes

WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

more_horiz
A Quicker way which Jay just answered.

Be The Best!

NotGoodSig
~[Filtered]~

more_horiz
DragonMaster Jay,

If you read my problem from the start you would noticed that I cannot use keyboard and mouse. You said "click..." but how when mouse and keyboard are dead. Click with what?

more_horiz
Acid & Dragonmaster Jay,How could I open your link and download WhoCrashed when cannot access browser without mouse and keyboard???

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum